Having trouble with alerts

Hi…new to the site and having difficulty figuring out how to set alerts.

Can see on the app how to set favorites for each sit, but how do I set an alert for a region? For example, to get alerts on new listing in ‘Texas’.

Thanks for your help.

You need to create a saved search for Texas. https://support.trustedhousesitters.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4408919901713-How-to-create-delete-a-saved-search-on-the-website-. There is also an entry for saving a search on the app.

Hi Lassie,

Thank you. Yes, I was able to do that. What I am looking for is an instant notification if a new sit is listed in the area. Is that possible?

Hi @Darkwing you may need to put specific dates for Texas on the app to get the instant notification.

Hi @Darkwing. Welcome to the forum. I’m glad you’ve joined us and jumped into the conversations.

When you set up a saved search using the app you’ll be notified each time a listing is posted that meets the filter criteria you set in that search.

So, if you want to be notified of new sits in Texas, type Texas in the “Where would you like to go” box on the “Find a House Sit” page, select “Texas, US”, then click on “Save”.

You also want to ensure your notifications settings for saved search alerts is set to on (On Android devices click on the following: the person icon in the lower right, Settings, Notifications.) I hope that helps.

We’d love it if you post a little about yourself in the introduce yourself channel. That way we can get to know you. You’ll also find intros from many of us there, so you can get to know us a little too.

If you’re a TrustedHousesitters member you can also include a link to your TrustedHousesitters page in your forum profile. Then you can ask forum members for suggestions and tips to fine tune it. Many of our members have had great success finding sits or sitters that way.

Again welcome to the forum.

Thank you for that…will do so.