Hello, Buongiorno, Bonjour, Hola, Dobardan

Hello,
let me introduce myself:
i was born in Rome, Italy and after 18 years i moved to Paris, France and then i went back to a small village between Pisa and Florence in Tuscany. From there i moved to Panama for 5 years and now i am in Belgium. I also lived for long and short periods in Croatia, Hawaii, Ethiopia and Romania.
I did so many things in my life, i was involved in a Movie Festival in Rome, went on being an italian chef in Paris, did private investigation in around the world, managed a small farm in Tuscany, worked for Apple, managed an Hotel a restaurant and a night club in Panama, did volunteering for different NGOs including Sea Shepherd, did commercial sailing in the south pacific, and now i do business consulting based Belgium.
During my life i often had and loved to take care of friends animals: dogs, cats, small pets, horses goats you name it. One of my passion is music and i noticed how much animals love to listen to music. I play the piano and the guitar.
I am also passionate about woodworking and DIY in general and especially boats , i love gardens and plants, especially Bonsai and cherry tomatoes.
I love sailing and travelling by sea in general.
I love classic American literature, French and Russian classics, cult movies and i am a big nerd of everything Apple.
I speak english, italian, french, spanish and croatian but also can understand basic russian or any other east european slavic languages.

Why i am here?
i also love to travel a lot and since my 2 kids are now adults and my wife passed away i would like to share my passions with the world and see what happens.
my bucket list for this year:
-learn basic Tango
-learn basic Salsa

Do you have any questions? dont be shy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well hello! Hola, Oi! Benvenuto @MrAlex
It is a wonderful life! a pleasure to have you join us.
Will you share your stories and pics? :dancer:

2 Likes

What wonderful experiences you’ve had! Welcome to the forum!

Just to warn you… It’s easy to get addicted to Salsa. But, it’s oh so much fun!!

3 Likes

Hi, Buongiorno, Bonjour, Hola, Dobardan …

A very warm welcome to our community forum and thank you for such a great personal introduction, we feel we know you already

We would love to be part of sharing your passion and sharing in your new TrustedHousesitters adventure.

With the insights into your life so far, we have no doubt that your bucket list will be next year’s DONE list … Tango & Salsa Tick, pets kept happy at home, Tick :slightly_smiling_face:

Now is that Argentinian Tango?

Welcome again and enjoy connecting with our members from around the world …

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Welcome Mr. Alex - sounds like you’ve had some great experiences! I’m a big salsa and bachata enthusiast - dance on :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you everybody for the warm welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @MrAlex and welcome to the forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Let me post here a video on youtube where you can see the Saling Cargo i worked for some months in the Pacific Ocean:

4 Likes

This is fantastically fabuloso! Thank you so much for sharing it. My heart is dancing!