Hello from Italy!

Hi everyone!
My name is Lorenzo, from northern Italy.
Me and my daughter love to travel and we love cats!
Two cats live with us, Ade (in English that would be “Hades”, guess his color…!) and Paprika, a brother and a sister, they’re 1 year old.
I hope to find a home to sit soon, I’m worried no one will accept me because I’m new and I don’t have any review… but I really love the idea behind this community.
If you have any advice it’s most welcome!
Thanks a lot and see you around!
Lorenzo

4 Likes

Hi @elocution,

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community. As I tell my husband almost daily…ITALY. is. EVERYTHING! I’m obsessed with Italy and Italian culture in general…mostly your food :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Where would you and your daughter most like to travel to? What part of the north are you from? Maybe I have been there and if not I can add it to my list. There’s a lot of useful information here on the forum about how to get started as a first time sitter. mY main recommendation is to make your message personal and try to bring any of the details the homeowner mentions into your welcome message when you apply for a sit. As a homeowner I can say I really appreciate it when an applicant takes the time to read my whole profile and learn something about my pet.

As you cannot share a link to your listing in this post, do share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,
Kelly & the Forum Team

Hi @elocution…hope you are well.

I echo what @Kelly says about Italy as we have been once and can’t wait to get back. Love the beautiful countryside, the culture, and of course, the food!

Everything Kelly has suggested I would agree with and I would add one more thing. Since you have not had any sitting positions yet, I would suggest you try to secure a local sit near your home…possibly even if you can find a last minute sit. This will allow you the opportunity to be close to home for less travel time, and get you your first review…which is very, very important!

Good luck and make sure you post pics of your beautiful area. We all love to see as much of Italy as possible!

Debbie

Welcome @elocution,
I’m a relatively new sitter myself who joined THS in May. Since then I’ve been lucky enough to do 3 sits including my first international sit in Copenhagen that I returned from on Wednesday.
You will get sits as a new sitter but you may have to apply to a number of sits to begin with. Applying for local sits helped me I feel.
It’s a great time to be a member on THS as there appears to me many new HO’s on THS.