Hello from Bay Area California

Hello! We are new to this forum and are SO excited to join and meet so many cool people!

A bit about the three, soon to be four of us.

I am a physician assistant and work in primary care. My hobbies are trail running and rollerskating. I’m originally from the East Coast, and NYC will forever have my heart and be home. Also, I’m about 6 months pregnant!

My husband is originally from Wisconsin and works in bike advocacy/bike policy. He spent a lot of his time traveling and living off the kindness of others in Latin America and Europe before attending graduate school to become an urban planner and ultimately taking off in his career in bike policy and advocacy.

Our cat is a wonderful rescue named Svetlana. She’s our absolute obsession and we have had her for about 5 years now. She went from being a real shy and “skiddy kitty” to being a lap cat and snuggle bug. She loves food, cuddles, and a good round of string chance or cat nip roll.

Because my husband and I have spent so much time traveling, and reaping the benefits of the kindness of strangers, we are committed to doing the same in our adult lives. We love hosting on other platforms including warm showers and
Even if we won’t be here, we just want to share our home, the bay area experience (and kitty cuddles) with warm souls in search of adventure.

Reach out if you are looking for a place around Christmas of 2022!

-Coco, Colin, and Svetlana

8 Likes

Hi @Adventurecat. Welcome to our community forum. I’m glad you’ve introduced yourselves and are becoming a member of our community. And congrats on becoming parents. That’s so exciting! Being parents will change your lives in so many wonderful ways.

If you’re a member of TrustedHousesitters, please add a link to your THS page to your forum profile, so we can get to know you better. That would also enable our experienced members to give you feedback, if you’d like, and tips that might make your listing even more enticing for sitters.

Before we embarked on our latest round of location independence, my husband and I lived in Walnut Creek. Where in the Bay Area are you?