Hello from beautiful Hendersonville, NC, USA

Hello fellow pet parents! We Bob and Diane and live in Hendersonville, NC in the beautiful mountains. We have two dogs, Dallas and Sheila, and two cats, Nikki and Dolly. We have been with TH for one year and have had great success in finding sitters when we travel. We love this site because it gives us more freedom to travel and we have met sitters from the US, Belize, and the Netherlands. Finding pet sitters locally is difficult and worse, very expensive. This forum is a wealth of information and we are glad to be here.

9 Likes

Welcome Bob and Diane!
We are just up the road in Candler and have been using THS to find sitters for a while, with great results … we also had our first sit elsewhere a few weeks back and really enjoyed that as well! We’ve been really happy with the platform!
Best,
Bruce and Kris

2 Likes

Hi @Harmony,

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community. I haven’t ventured that far west in NC only closely to Asheville and loved my time there. We have family in Sanford (if you’ve ever heard of it.) @Debbie-L is also based in NC so maybe in the future we can arrange a NC meet up! Oh do please come back and show us photos of your sweet dogs and cats. Which one is the trouble maker? There’s always one in the pack :rofl:

I hear what you’re saying about how expensive kennels and paid sitters have gotten! I recently saw our local prices of doggy daycare and they have gone up more than 25%…so thankful for THS.

As you cannot share a link to your listing in this post, do share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,
Kelly & the Forum Team

3 Likes

Hello @Harmony and welcome to the community forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:
We haven’t made it to Hendersonville as yet, we have visited Robbinsville a couple of times before though which was lovely.

2 Likes

Hi Bob and Diane. Welcome to the forum. My husband and I spent a month in Hendersonville caring for a cat last year when the gas shortage hit. We were in a beautiful house on a hill, but weren’t close enough to walk to anything. That was fun. :rofl:

Henderson and the whole region around you is so beautiful! What a wonderful place to live.