Hello from Central, NY!

Hello! My name is Melquea and I’m an illustrator in Central NY. Syracuse to be exact.

I joined THS as a joint account with my writer partner James as a HO and as a sitter, so we get an interesting view from both sides of the coin. I’m excited to say I have my first solo sit scheduled in June, and my first HO date about to be filled in August. Though I’m still on the hunt for a sitter for March, this has been a super exciting time exploring the THS community.

We have two sweet 11 year old tabbies names Kilala and Bumblebee. I often joke that I buy all these expensive, “premium fur” toys for them, and they’re the least bit interested. But crunch up some foil or drag a piece of string and they go full trailblazer!

It’s nice to meet all of you and I’m excited to explore more of this platform, especially as more and more travel opportunities pop up.

Cheers,
Melquea

9 Likes

Hello @PrettyKitty13 and welcome to the forum. Looks like you are well on your way to an exciting new lifestyle full of furry snuggles and new locations to explore. Our members are always here to help you with any questions you may have or you can search the spyglass and type in what you are looking for. Most likely any question you have may have already been answered.

You are one step ahead already by linking your member profile to your forum profile. Now TrustedHousesitter members can easily view your profile and give you valuable feedback on that listing, or just get to know you better.

Congratulations on all your upcoming sits, and good luck with future ones as well.

1 Like

Hello @PrettyKitty13 and welcome to THS and the start of a wonderful new lifestyle which, no doubt, can be incorporated into your great careers.
I would love to think that one day I can housesit for you and your beautiful cats.
Your house looks gorgeous and a great location for exploring. I’ve done a lot of travelling but never been to New York!
Can I just ask that you add a picture of the bedroom that your sitter would use please? You have two pics of the office so one of those could be removed, or both if that’s not available to the sitter.
All the best!

2 Likes

Hello @PrettyKitty13 and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Kilala and Bumblebee both look absolutely adorable and I had a peruse of your listing which looks fab! … I am sure you will receive many great applications and New York is such a great location, it’s certainly one of our favourites. :cat::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations on securing your first sit in June, whereabouts will you be sitting?
Do you have any particular places you would like to sit in the future? :earth_americas::blush:

Thank you! I’ll be sitting at relatively nearby Philly. I’m excited since the folks like right in the city, and I haven’t been back to Philadelphia since 2021 (when all the museums were closed!) I’m excited to make new kitty friends and since they’re younger than my girls, I’m really looking forward to playing with them. Kittens actually appreciate toys unlike some 11 year old tabbies :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the warm welcome Debbie!

Hello Smiley! Thank you so much for your kind words, and you know what, you’re absolutely right on the office picture! My office is also the guest bedroom, so one of these weekends, I’ll have to take the murphy bed down and replace one office pic with the bedroom picture. Noted homework for next time. Thank you so much!

2 Likes