Hello from Eugene, Oregon!

We (my husband and I) are new to THS as of about 2 weeks ago. We are newly retired, hope to more traveling, hiking, birding and exploring and of course hiring house and pet sitters can really add up. As newbies we wanted experienced sitters with good reviews and were so lucky to find a couple who want to return to Eugene–can hardly believe it. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t fall through. We are going away for 3 weeks in July, so time to organize and clear some spaces for them.
We have two small dogs who are total loves, a nice older cat, house plants and outdoor gardens, bird feeders, etc… I’m a native Oregonian and love it here, but hope to live for short bits of time in Italy, Mexico, perhaps Costa Rica. We would potentially hope to do sitting trades.
Look forward to sharing and learning from this friendly and helpful group! Happy Spring!

5 Likes

How very exciting @Mitbar and congratulations on confirming your first sitter!
It sounds like you are preparing to enjoy your retirement years well. Knowing that your dogs and Kitty, (they are always kitties even they are older aren’t they?) will be well cared for will allow you to enjoy your travels much more peacefully.
We look forward to seeing photos and hearing about your experiences both at home and wherever you choose to go.

1 Like

Hello & welcome. I had to come check out your post as both my husband I grew up in Eugene, Oregon. We moved 14 years ago to Texas but love to go back and visit old friends and family. I’m sure so much has changed since our last visit but the area brings such fond memories. Enjoy THS!

Marsha

2 Likes

Hi @Mitbar welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters thank you for joining us from Oregon. Congratulations on arranging your first sitters and they will have a wonderful experience caring for your little ones, returning to a place they enjoy while you have a well deserved july vacation a win win win (the third win is the most important one, your little ones)

There is really great advice on the forum and website blog to help new members prepare for their first sitters and first sit, all you have to do is ask.

Welcome again, enjoy connecting with our members from home and away.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Thank you, Angela!
Barbara

1 Like

Hi Marsha,
I recently visited McAllen Texas as part of a birding tour. It was beautiful! I hope to see more of your adopted state in the future!
Barbara

1 Like

Hi Amparo,
Thanks for your warm welcome! Very excited to be part of THS now. I hope you have something fun brewing in the future!
Barbara

1 Like

Always!! THiS life is magical!