Hello from Hitchin England

Hello, I have recently joined the website and forum. I am a bit concerned as I published a listing 36 hours ago but have not had any applicants yet - is this typical?

Admin Notice: Edited to comply with posting guidelines

Hello @JamesHirst and welcome to the forum where you will find so many members who are ready to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have in this new adventure.

I took a look at your listing and your home is lovely, and Luna is adorable…so adorable I think I would make a full head shot of her as your profile main pic. She is sure to grab someone’s attention!

I know you are looking for someone early in April, and there are still a couple of weeks before the start date. If you still have not gotten a suitable sitter by April 1, please list your dates in our “Last Minute Sit” category, but you must wait until 7 days prior to the start date.
Also, at that time if you want you can give written permission to @Angela_L to post on Social Media for more exposure.

I wish you luck!

Hi @JamesHirst
I should also mention, that standard and premium members do have the facility to boost their listing at any point. If you go to your dashboard, manage dates, there you will find the boost button. This puts a little New button on your listing and sends it out to all the available sitters.
I see your listing has a new button on it at present.
You can also always contact support@trustedhousesitters.com for any help and assistance.
I wish you success in securing a great sitter.
Best wishes
Therese

Greetings @JamesHirst
I’m in the US sitting this spring, but if I were in the UK, I’d be pleased to sit in Hitchin again. I did a sit there last year and really enjoyed the town. The market, lots of great places to eat/drink.
Good luck.
tom