Hello from Huntsville Utah

My husband and I are recently retired and looking forward to traveling! we live in a beautiful mountain town in Utah with 11 chickens, 3 cats and an elderly pup. We often travel with our pup but sometimes it’s not practical and having a house sitter seems to be the perfect solution. We also like the idea of house sitting for someone so we can enjoy their pets and explore a new part of the world. The forum seems to have alot of good information.

4 Likes

Hello @EAB and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

You certainly live in a lovely part of the world and I am sure you will get many sitter applications.

For reference if you are a member of TrustedHousesitters you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback and will also give your listing extra exposure!

I have attached a couple of threads you should find helpful as you will be looking for sits as well as looking for sitters.

Whereabouts will you be hoping to house sit? :earth_americas:

Hi @Samox24 ! thanks so much for the directions to link to my THS profile. I think I have successfully posted the link to my Forum account. I would LOVE some feedback on my May posted house sit. My travel is coming up quickly and I don’t have a suitable applicant yet - I’m getting nervous. Also, the dates on the back end of my May sit are flexible - how do I post that? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @EAB you are very welcome. I have just had a peruse of your listing and it looks great, however I would be inclined to swap your opening photo for either the first or the second one the dog or the first one of all 3 cats. This will certainly catch people’s attention when scrolling through. You have also posted the same photo of the 3 cats, 3 times so the duplicates need removing.
I appreciate your May sit is coming up soon but you still have ample time to find a suitable sitter/s. You can mention in your script that the May dates are flexible and can be discussed, this will allow people who are potentially interested but who perhaps for one reason or another cannot quite start or finish on your specified dates apply and then you can discuss this with them during the initial discussion before any sit is agreed.
Also have you tried reaching out to potential sitters yourselves, both local and overseas? There is nothing quite like receiving a personal invite, just check their availability calendar to make sure they are actually available beforehand.
Hopefully other members will chip in to and help with other pointers, and of course if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @EAB !
Your listing looks very nice. I would agree with @Samox24 that you should remove the duplicate pictures. Often, a picture of the pet(s) or the front of the house makes a nice “cover” photo. However, your kitchen is so nice, it would grab my attention. You could also mention how far it is to stores, supermarkets and restaurants. And if there is any way you could offer use of a car, that would sweeten the deal.

As @Samox24 suggests, you might also consider sending out some private invitations. I would look for newer sitters who want to get their first or second sit and people who are maybe 1-5 hours driving distance away. And include a personal note with your invite.

If you make any kind of edit to your listing, that will move it up in the search results and it will get more visibility.

2 Likes