Hello from Kingsport, Tennessee, USA

We are Darrell and Judy from Kingsport, TN. We moved to Tennessee a year ago from Ohio and are enjoying it. We used TrustedHouseSitters once last year and a very nice person watched our dog Koda for 2 weeks to allowing us to go to Hawaii. We hope to do a lot more traveling. Our Dog Koda is a Siberian Husky and have had him since he was a puppy.

10 Likes

Hi @jstrauchd. Welcome to the TrustedHousesitters community forum. Koda is such a cutie (I’m a softy for Huskies)!

I spent much of my life in the Cincinnati suburbs. Where in Ohio did you live?

I’m glad you found this global community of pet- and travel-lovers, and am looking forward to getting to know you better.

All the best,
Karen E

We lived 20 miles north west of Columbus. My oldest daughter graduated from UC, lives in Newport, KY and works in Cincinnati.

@jstrauchd what a small world it is! I got my bachelors from OSU and was part of a bicycling group that used to ride out west of Columbus on Sat mornings to a really good Amish restaurant for breakfast, then turned around and headed back to campus. I’m sure all that farmland we used to ride through is houses now. :laughing:

At one point I lived in Newport, too. I also volunteered as a diver at the aquarium there. :shark: :fish: :octopus: :penguin:

Hi @jstrauchd to the forum!

I am from Tennessee, presently living in NC, so not that far away. We love the area there and are actively looking for property to purchase in the area so we can build a small future getaway home. It’s just beautiful there!

Koda is adorable. The eyes are gorgeous and such a sweet smile! I’m going to have to start watching for one of your sits so maybe we can visit Koda when you go away again. Looks like a real snuggler!

Have a great day!

Debbie

Hi @jstrauchd I just had to stop by and say that Koda is absolutely adorable! I love Huskies, they are so full of life and have lots of energy to spare haha. Best of luck on your future travels. :hugs:

1 Like

Yes he is! Thanks!