We are new to TrustedHousesitters as HO

We live within the Columbus Ohio proper. We have been rescuing dogs since 1994 and many different types of dogs, but our favorites are Golden Retrievers. We currently own 2 Goldens. Brandi was rescued from the Amish puppy mills where she was impregnated as a puppy. She lived in a cage for 3 years and is so tiny (the size of a 6 month old puppy). Keiko was rescued from China. She was rescued from the Chinese Meat market. They were going to eat her! Both girls are now healthy and wonderful and a part of our family. We also have a 30 year Eastern Box Turtle. All of our dogs have loved her! We are professionals in the logistics industry. We love to travel and scuba dive in the Caribbean. We also travel to visit family. At one time we owned five rescue dogs. It was wonderful. We have always tried to avoid boarding our dogs at kennels. We have always been successful in finding someone to come to our home and sit for them. But as time goes by and peoples’ schedules get more busy, it has become a little more difficult to find good people to help you. We recently found out about trusted housesitters and found it intriguing. Our neighbors think we are crazy. But we did a lot of research before deciding to join. We are still waiting for our listing to be published. We are very excited to be a part of this family and hopefully we will find a sitter who would want to stay with our girls while we travel. Once our posting is listed, I will certainly share with you. It would be wonderful to receive some feedback .

Post moderated to stay within forum guidelines

12 Likes

Hi @Laurenm. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to our community here in the forum. You have such a big heart – thank you for all you’ve done to help four-footed creatures who can’t speak up or get themselves out of bad situations! It’s so sad that those situations exist, but so great that you’ve been able to help so many.

Once your TrustedHousesitters profile is live, please add it to your forum profile, so everyone can take a look at it. Here’s how.

Just a quick reminder not to solicit sitters for specific sit needs, as that’s not what the forum is for. The TrustedHousesitters site is the best place to do that, as the number of sitters there is huge. The forum, on the other hand, is a great place for sitters and pet parents to make friends, share travel and pet tips, discuss the in’s and out’s of pet sitting, and generally talk about the things we love.

We’re so glad you’ve joined us.

1 Like

Thank you and I will.

Kind regards
Lauren Mazur

1 Like

Hi @Laurenm and welcome to THS. It’s nice to “meet” a fellow scuba diver (I swear the dive shop in the background of that photo you posted looks familiar!). I wish you the best of luck getting the best of sitters. And great job rescuing your pups. :heart:

1 Like

Welcome @Laurenm Brandi and Keiko are just gorgeous! I think it’s wonderful that you have rescued so many animals. How great that your dogs love your turtle too.

1 Like

Hi @Laurenm - Welcome to the group, and to trusted house sitters. I am sure you will have no problem finding great sitters for Brandi & Keiko, they look adorable! :heart:

1 Like

What a great introduction. Love your turtle and your good hearts toward saving animals! I’m a sitter and absolutely love this platform and all the many dogs, cats, pigs, goats and donkeys I’ve cared for, and those I’ve yet to meet. Welcome!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words and instructions on how to link our site. I hope I did it right!

Thank you so much! That was Sunset House in Grand Cayman. We are excited about being part of this new family😊

1 Like

Hi @Laurenm. You did include your link correctly, so our members can now take a look at it for you.

Your home looks lovely – a wonderful place for sitters to cook, relax and play with Brandi and Keiko. My only suggested tweak would be to move the picture of Brandi and Keiko on the couch, looking at the camera, to your first photo. Their big lovely eyes looking out of the thumbnail of your listing will surely catch sitters’ eyes.

Thank you so much! I love all animals. I used to drive my mother crazy because I would always find a stray and bring it home. My first turtle I rescued I was only 4 years old. I was thrilled when my dad said I could keep him. Now I get to swim with turtles in the Caribbean!

1 Like

We are excited! Thank you so much. We are very hopeful about this group. Brandi and Keiko are so sweet. Thanks again!

Thank you so much! How wonderful to have sat for so many different animals. It must be fun. When I was a little girl I spent my summers on my mother’s family dairy farm. I am weird but I love the smell of barn🤗

1 Like

Please let me know if I did the link correctly to our house sitting opportunity. Thanks!

Hi @Laurenm. Yes, you did.

1 Like

Hi Karen

Thanks! I took your suggestion but used another picture of the girls on out bed. I appreciate all help.

Kind regards
Lauren

Hello @Laurenm and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

You are truly wonderful people with huge hearts, a big thank you for all that you have done.
Brandi & Keiko look absolutely gorgeous! :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: … and of course not forgetting your Eastern Box Turtle! :turtle:

I had a peruse of your profile, I am certain you will have no problem at all in finding suitable sitters. :blush:

My hubby loves to scuba dive, especially in the Caribbean… whereabouts in particular in the Caribbean do you like to scuba dive? :desert_island::tropical_fish:

1 Like

Hi Samox24, Thank you for your kind words. We are very excited about the group and are learning how to navigate the site. We dive in Grand Cayman. We got certified in 2014! Being older I love it there because I feel very safe diving with Tortuga Divers. We do both shore and boat diving. I finally did my 1st night dive this past summer! It was amazing. If you have not been there you should try it. We can recommend some places☺️

3 Likes

@Laurenm that’s so amazing! … Grand Cayman is beautiful and it is a great place for diving.

This is the view from the cockpit as you fly in to Grand Cayman on finals.

Hubby always loves the chickens that come to greet him after landing! :man_pilot::rooster::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Hi Samox24

Great pics, my husband always comments on the British Airways 777–200 that’s sitting on the tarmac. He’s done the research and found that it comes in from Jamaica after a long haul from the UK. So cool that you have cockpit views of the approach. Yes, diving in the Caymans is wonderful. Where else have you dove around the world? And we do love seeing all the chickens.!

Kind regards
Lauren

1 Like