Hello from the UK - new signup

Hello everyone,

I am Céleste and my cat is Coco Chanel. She is a 12 year young house cat - no particular breed. She is an indoor cat.

We’re new to this site, I didn’t even know it excisted, until very recently. We both came here from Denmark nearly 5 years ago.

I trust that in future I will be finding a good sitter or two for my beautiful girl, when I go travelling.

I trust you are all well. Thank you for reading this.

13 Likes

Hello @69CandC and a warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I have attached a video to show you how it all works if you haven’t as yet signed up

For reference, if you have signed up and once you are a member and your listing is completed you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback and will also give your listing extra exposure!

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

I have also attached a thread that you should find helpful.

Do you have any photos of Coco Chanel you can share on here? We would love to see :cat::blush:

1 Like

Hello samox24,

Thank you for the warm welcome. :slightly_smiling_face: I haven’t signed up yet as I am trying to gage what level would best suit me. :thinking:

I have tried to add a photo here, I am this new I didn’t even think to add a photo of her, before.

One day I am sure I will get the hang of this forum.

Thank you again.

7 Likes

Hi @69CandC and thank you for sharing a gorgeous photo of Coco Chanel with us, she is absolutely adorable! :cat::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have attached a link with regards to the types of membership

You can see a breakdown of the owner membership plans (and their features) by visiting our plans page

To find answers to questions you may have, you can use the spyglass symbol at the top next to the TrustedHousesitters logo to see if the question has already been asked. If you are unable to find the answer to any questions you may still have, please don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Welcome @69CandC.
You’ve come to a great place to find lots of crazy animal lovers including those of us that love cats! (currently sitting for 6 indoor cats!).
I did a sit in Denmark last year. Near Copenhagen. What a wonderful country and people although some of the drink and food prices in Copenhagen made my eyes water even for a person based in London!

3 Likes

Hi @richten1 :wave:t2: :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for the message. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, Denmark has interesting prices and also much higher salaries… :sweat_smile:

I am actually a great big mix of nationalities if I am honest. 1/4 Swedish on my fathers side, with allegedly Spanish and French ancestry on my mothers side…

Where in Denmark, I see you say near Copenhage, however that could be anywhere! :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Samox24 :wave:t2: :slightly_smiling_face:

You do make me feel very welcome.

As it happens I am looking for a new permanent home for myself and my cat. I am not attached to any particular area of the UK.

I have to be out of here by April 30th…

I have tried so many things and I don’t know what to do now.

1 Like

Hi @69CandC whereabouts in the UK are you currently?

I really hope you and Coco Chanel find your perfect new permanent home soon wherever that may be

:house_with_garden::cat::blush:

1 Like

Hi @69CandC,
I did a sit on the edge of Birkerod. I really liked the town. It reminded me of the large village in the UK I grew up in. The only issue was that I was there during the crazy heat wave that swept Europe and it reached 32c while there. As you know Danish homes are built to keep heat in not out!

2 Likes

@Samox24 I am in North Lincolnshire. “With a little help from my friends” I can get by… or something like that :grin: (wasn’t that what the Beatles sang?) Oh, I have zero ties to this area at all.

@richten1 I grew up not far from Birkerød. Well, we like the heat inside our houses :laughing: :joy: Don’t forget Scandinavian countries in the past were rather cold. :cold_face: Norway and Sweden still are wen you go far enough up north.

2 Likes

I do wonder if it would be ok to only have pet sitters sit for me, and not do petsits myself? :thinking: @Samox24 what’s your take on this?

Hi @69CandC This is entirely a personal decision. Of course, yes you can just have sitters take care of Coco Chanel for you and therefore you would join up as a homeowner. However, if you are wanting to travel yourself and house sit, as well as have sitters in to look after Coco Chanel for you, you would then need to sign up on a combined membership of both homeowner and sitter.

It really will come down to what you are hoping to achieve on here, either just having sitters in to take care of Coco Chanel for you or if you do want to travel and house sit yourself then you would need to sign up for both. Or of course you could just sign up as a sitter if you have friends or family that can take care of Coco Chanel for you whilst you are away.

But yes to answer your question you can certainly just sign up as a homeowner and have sitters sit for you. I hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Samox24
Thank you so much for taking time to help me understand this. :blush:
So far I will remain a member, without choosing a plan due to my situation. When I know where I land and it’s more permament, then I will chose. :slightly_smiling_face:

@69CandC You are very welcome and it sounds like a great plan :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We signed up for both but haven’t had dates and locations align for us to be sitters more than once. Definitely send your link once you get set up! Meanwhile Wilkerson says"Welcome" to Coco Chanel

5 Likes

Hello Wilkerson and @admoss3

Thank you for the greeting. That’s one handsome cat!

AS mentioned we’re looking for a permanent home and need it ASAP. I so wish I knew what to do?

Anyway, than you for the lovely comments.

By the way: I forgot to upload a photo of my horse.

Here she is. 4 years young. God I miss her like CRAZY :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Someone, I think it’s Louise Hay, said that grief is just a sign that we loved someone.

Well, I loved that beautiful girl. Love her. She has left an indelible mark on my heart.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome
We have used THS for several years, you won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome @DylanFrazer

Welcome, I’m in my third year of taking care of houses, I started in 2021, 2022 and now I’m just starting 2023. Welcome, this place is excellent for communication between owners and animal lovers (my preference is cats). Maybe one day I can make house sitting in yours and with Coco Chanel.
Greetings from Barcelona.

3 Likes