We are new to TrustedHousesitters as HO

Hi @Laurenm the BA shuttle is from Nassau in The Bahamas after a long haul from the UK. Hubby loves to also dive in The Bahamas! … it’s another of our favourite places :tropical_fish:

Whilst we are on the theme of chickens, I just love the chickens on the beach at Hotel Casa Marina in Key West :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Love your picture of the chickens. We’ve been to Bahamas but weren’t divers at the time. :relaxed:

Kind regards
Lauren

Welcome @Laurenm! My husband works for a scuba company and both of us are avid divers…although since I got pregnant in 2021 I have not yet been back on a dive and miss it so! We mostly dive on the Hawaiian islands so if you’re ever in Maui feel free to reach out i’d love to share our favorite dive spots with you. We’ve only done one dive in the Caribbean but LOVED it!Brandi & Keiko look adorable I don’t think you’ll have any trouble at all getting an excellent sitter.

5 Likes

@Samox24 i didn’t know your husband was a pilot! That’s awesome. I’m a flight attendant and love the convenience of hopping on any flight and pairing it with a THs sit!

3 Likes

@Julie_A He was a Captain with BA, having flown for 40 years, he recently took early retirement and I retired back in 2016 so we could travel together full time, I even chose his monthly roster which was fun! … plus I did all the planning for the time down route, which often involved hopping on another flight somewhere or hiring a car and exploring further afield. Now we travel pretty much all the time, (both travel addicts!), and when we are not house sitting we are usually travelling somewhere, as you say staff travel is brilliant! When we are at home, we are doing up our thatched property in the Cotswolds which dates back to 1740, it’s a lot of fun and all the rooms are travel themed! :sweat_smile::earth_americas::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hi Samox24

No, he is not. He just loves planes and studies how they are built. He loves to research all of them, especially the new models. Saturday mornings he kills me with his YouTube so I have to watch too. Flight attendant is cool and a hard job with how people are today. I keep telling my husband when I retire I’ll be a flight attendant! I probably would get fired because I would tell people where to go! LOL. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kind regards
Lauren

Welcome to TH from N.C. You will find wonderful information and advice from this community.

1 Like

We’ve got the entire team on here. My husband retired 6 years ago as an ATC for 37 years! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your home sounds wonderful!

We still have a couple of years left. Can’t wait to retire. :blush:

Thank you so much! We are learning how to navigate and use the resources. :blush:

1 Like

@CindyLou that is awesome :airplane:

2 Likes

You’re living the dream @Samox24 !!!

1 Like