New Owner from the Smoky Mountains, USA

Hello All! We’re brand new to this community–learned about it from a dear friend in the Washington, DC, area who is a sitter. I was so delighted to find out about TH, and have been so interested to read what people have posted on the forum. We currently live in East Tennessee, just north of The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. In fact, we can see the mountains in the park from our house. Previously, we lived in Northern Virginia, just outside of DC, which is where we raised our family and had a little farm with chickens, goats, ducks, and occasionally other fowl. We also had dogs, house cats, and barn cats when we lived on the farm, but since we moved down here we’ve been rescuing cats on the regular because there are so many strays and feral colonies in our area, and an absence of no-kill shelters. We find good homes for as many as we can, and for those who become permanent members of our family, we offer them the best life we’re able.

6 Likes

Hi @Mombby and welcome to the forum! I was just in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and of course, the Smoky Mountains this past weekend. We took our grandkids for a last hooray before school starts so spent a great deal of time in Pigeon Forge doing all the tourist things. It was crazy last weekend and I can only imagine what it must be like in the middle of summer! Your home is beautiful and what a view! We love that area of the Country.

What a menagerie of kitties you have there…thank you for all you have done! As stated by other members, you are going to find so much great info here about TrustedHousesitters and all it can offer you. Even though you cannot link your profile in a post, you can certainly add to your forum profile so other members can easily find info on you, your home, and your family of kitties. To do so, jut follow this link How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

I look forward to reading about your adventures and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of the members or forum team!

1 Like

Hi, you live in a beautiful part of the country. I did a housesit in July in Reston, VA. I am familiar with the I-81 corridor through Virginia having traveled it several times. I think it’s great what you do for feral and stray cats!

@Mombby Thank you for your work with the stray/feral cats!!! We had a feral colon of 7 that began in 2003 and ended when the last past away in 2018. It is a passion of the heart.