Hello From Naples Florida

Elliott and Sonya - Retired, living in Naples Florida with our kitty, Feste.

I am a retired patent attorney who currently writes novels. Sonya has had a multi-discipline career. She is now teaching English to Spanish speaking adults.

As of this writing (May 2023), Feste is about six months old. He is still a kitten in many respects. He demands to play like kittens do but then settles in to watch TV and sleep with us.

We love to travel and explore but can’t fathom Feste alone and wanting (I know, that’s pretty soppy but we are smitten). I want him in the company of someone who is a cat lover and understands that they are inscrutable. We just joined this site and will be searching soon for our first sitter. Having read many of the posts, we are getting over the “strangers in the house” angst.

Naples is on the southwest coast of Florida. It has gorgeous Gulf beaches, birds of all descriptions and tropical vegetation. It can be hot, but that’s why we have a pool. In the fall and winter it is a mecca for musicians, from classical to jazz to bluegrass. We are not far from the Everglades. It isn’t a party town, catering mostly to the older set, but there is a lot to do and see. I didn’t mention hurricanes because that might scare someone.

Edited to meet posting guidelines

4 Likes

Hello @ELight and a warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

As @mars suggested, it is a good idea if you could add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your profile on here by following her attached link. This will then enable others on here to offer you helpful advice and feedback and will also give your listing extra coverage!

Naples is certainly a beautiful part of Florida that we have been lucky enough to visit many times and I am certain you will receive many great applicants and find great sitter/s to take care of Feste for you.

I have added a thread you should also find helpful

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask!

Thanks for your comments. I have some work to do to get into the flow of things but I am really pleased with all the support I’ve received in the last few hours!!

I’ll link the profile soon.

Elliott

2 Likes

@ELight That would be great thank you :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Elliot & Sonia
I am a homeowner in the UK but spent a fabulous week in Naples just recently, you truly live in a fantastic place so am sure you’ll have no trouble finding sitters. I only joined last year and well remember the initial angst but have had nothing but positive experiences with 4 great sitters and have 2 lined up for this summer. I spent a lot of time on the forum initially picking up hints & tips from both homeowners and sitters. Good luck with your first posting.

2 Likes