Hello from Northeast Ohio

Hi! I’m at a point in my life where I’m working less at my day job and wanting to travel more and see the country. Not fully retired yet, but seriously thinking about it. My only pet at this time is a yellow belly slider turtle, and I miss kitty cuddles. I’m looking forward to keeping feline friends company as well as exploring new areas of the country. Also open to caring for chickens, goats, bunnies and horses. I’m excited to be a part of this community!

4 Likes

All the very best to you for the future. I’ve never been happier!

@BarbaraS
A very warm welcome to the forum. You will definitely find like type minds here who also have loads of experience with all sorts of pets/animals.

I agree, you can’t beat some kittie or dog cuddles! That’s pretty much why we do this.

I see you have linked your profile which is wonderful so other members can ‘meet’ you.
I would like to suggest that you add a couple of references on your profile, to help get you started as well as maybe an airbnb link or linked-in link if you have, as this will also give your profile good credibility.

We look forward to hearing how you go and do let us know when you secure your first sit. Then your new journey really begins!
Best wishes
Therese and the forum team.

Hello @BarbaraS and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I see that you have added your THS profile to your profile on here, so thank you for that. I have had a peruse and your profile looks great, I would agree with @Therese though, and maybe add a couple of character references. These are always good to have when you are first starting out and looking to secure your first sit.

Which State are you hoping to sit in first? :us::blush:

Thanks for the feedback on my profile. I’ll link my Linked-In profile soon.

I’m thinking of finding more “local” (states in and near Ohio) and shorter sits first and then exploring further and longer sits as I get experience under my belt. This would also make it easier, as I’m not yet fully retired.

1 Like

Welcome, @BarbaraS! Starting local makes a lot of sense; good choice! It’ll be a lot easier to get local sits starting out, especially as you can do shorter and last-minute sits more easily. Those still count as 1 review! Assuming the PPs elect to review you, of course.

I’ve done only local so far, but I’ve enjoyed myself and learned a lot each time. Obviously every pet, PP, and home is unique!

Best of luck!