House sitter in Kentucky-seeking Florida sits!

Hello everyone! My name is Shannon, and I am currently living in Kentucky for the majority of the time, but I split my time between here and Florida. My partner lives in South Florida, so I routinely travel back and forth between the two states. I have been on Trusted House Sitters for a few months, and just recently got my first sit. It has been a wonderful experience! I actually have about 15 years of experience house and pet sitting (and plant sitting!) I have lived all over, (Texas, Hawaii, Germany, Nevada…) and, as a pet owner, I learned how invaluable it is to have someone you can trust to look after things while you’re away.
I am looking forward to more house sits in the near and distant future.

Post edited to meet posting guidelines

2 Likes

Hello, @Shan I would like to wish you a very warm welcome to the forum community. It is great to have you here :grin:

Congratulations on your first sit. It sounds like you have lots of great pet care experience and plant sitting is definitely a great skill in itself!

You can add your THS sitters profile link to your forum profile, that way other members can view it and connect with you. They can also offer you helpful tips and feedback to continue your sitting adventures.

Here is how:

What was the first pet that you cared for on THS?

1 Like

Welcome! We’re new too, and will be looking for a house sitter.

Admin Notice: Edited to comply with posting guidelines

Hi @a.chenard you can use the Direct Message option to connect with other forum members … it’s a great way to have a one to one conversation :wink:

I will be seeking a south Florida sitter soon! I am brand new to this platform and still figuring everything out. I need to add photos of my house before I can post. Hopefully I will get that done this week so I can move forward.

2 Likes

Hello @KateT and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

You certainly live in a beautiful part of the world which we have visited many times and love and I am sure you will get many applications for your sit. You didn’t mention any pets on your post so I was wondering do you have any animals that will need caring for whilst you are away?

If you are a member and once you have completed your profile you can then add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your profile on hereby following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback and also it will give your listing more coverage!

If you are unsure how to do this or have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help. :blush:

You may also find this attached thread helpful.

Thanks for the tips! I need to get some updated house photos but we are serial DIYers and am trying to hurry our projects along so everything looks nice. :grin:
For my upcoming trip the only pet who will stay home is a cat and I have quite a few plants to care for. I am even debating on whether or not to take the cat because we are going to be gone for a couple of months. However I would still want someone to stay in our home.
If this works out I may try shorter trips where my dog would stay home too but she is going with us for our upcoming trip.

Top Of The Hat To All.
My name is Anna and I am excited to be part of our community that gives back. Pop
Our fury, flying, crawling friends, are therapy for our family. They need love too. So… sing, walk, pet, groom, feed and play. They are best friend to the end.
Have a great day and thank you for making a difference in our community.

3 Likes

Hello @Annaaconda729 and welcome to the Community Forum and it’s lovely to see you joining in with this thread :wave:t2::blush:

This is all so true and yes they are our best friends till the end :heart:

I see in another thread that you have just signed up as a sitter member which is great to hear. For reference you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help. :blush: