Hi from Belleville (Ontario, Canada)

Greetings, TH community! My husband Doug and I (Diane) are brand new to this organization, and we are already far beyond impressed. The caring people, adorable pets to sit and positive vibes are combining to make us feel very much at home and eager to get started. As new sitters, we’re planning to start with short local sits and eventually move to longer sits further afield.
Looking forward to exploring all the opportunities to get to know other people’s pets, with an eye to adopting a dog of our own in the future.
Have a great day!
Diane

5 Likes

Hi @Diane_A and welcome, neighbour! I’m just over the bridge in Prince Edward County, just outside Picton :slight_smile:

I am both a sitter and owner, I have a sit listed in August if you want to start out very local!

2 Likes

Hi @Diane_A and welcome to the Community Forum. You are going to meet so many folks through this forum who can answer most, if not all of your sitter questions.

It is a great idea to start with short, local sits as you will be able to build your reviews with locals, make lots of new friends, and then venture out into this great big World of happy furbabies just looking for THEIR next new friends…and based on what I have read so far, I don’t think you will have any problem getting to know the locals wherever you travel.

You two seem like you have quite a bit of travel experience and this is going to make it so much easier…and all those languages you know…wish I had been smart enough when I was younger to realize that importance!

Let me invite you to link your member profile to your forum profile at How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile. This will allow other forum members to jump right over and visit your site so they can learn more about you.

Once again, welcome to the forum and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to anyone on the team for help.

Have a great day and Happy Sitting!

Debbie - Forum Team Moderator

1 Like

A great idea to get to know dogs and the breeds you particularly like