Hello from Sitka Alaska

wow I can’t wait to visit Glacier National Park in Montana, that one is high on my list. What was your favorite part about Glacier NP? I am flying into Anchorage tomorrow. Wish I was flying into Sitka though because I would have loved to join you on one of your tours!

1 Like

@Julie_A all of Glacier, yet I’m partial to the Many Glacier area on the east side. So many amazing hikes,yet my favorite was Ptarmigan Tunnel. Have a great time in Anchorage.

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you for the advice, I can’t wait to visit one day. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Alaska!

Beautiful. We have been up as far as Haida Gwaii love that part of the world and its people. Heafing ti Vsn Ialand and Sunshine coast Sep& Oct.

1 Like

We are looking forward to our first visit to Vancouver in the fall, and hope to grab a cruise to Alaska before the season wraps up for 2022. Thanks for all the lovely photos!

1 Like

Thank you eveyone for your lovely replies and comments here’s one to add to the collection. Sunset atop Harbor Mountain last week. Harbor mountain commands a breathtaking view overlooking Sitka sound outreaching to the barrier islands, you can drive up part of the way then a trail for a half hour takes you thw rest of the way.

4 Likes

Make sure you take in the Going-to-the-Sun Road if you want to experience breathtaking scenery while visiting GNP.

1 Like

Welcome catgoddess_99 - love your pics of Alaska. I’m going on my very first Alaska cruise next month and first time to visit there despite living in Vancouver! After seeing your photos, I’m very excited!

1 Like

I worked in glacier national park summer of 06, was fortunate to travel on that road many times. Truly a jewel of our national park system.

Which cruise and ports are you traveling to?

1 Like

Northern Alberta has diverse ecosystems, not temperate rainforest though, they have Boreal forest which is an intersections of upland and lowland forest with pines and other trees. Being further north a much colder climate.

Boreal forest is also known as “Taiga” a Russian word and " Snow forest"

Beautiful photos!

2 Likes

Thank you :yellow_heart::black_heart:

Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing :+1:

2 Likes