Hello from south Devon

Hello Everyone, My name is Kate and I live with my family in Marldon, and medium sized village in south Devon.

We are luck to have a lovely home with a lot of outside space, around 3 miles from the sea and a 20 minute drive from dartmoor.

We have two lovely working cocker dogs, 6 chickens and a lot of bees (who need no care from a sitter!).

Im new to the site, but will be looking for a sitters soon

Admin Notice - Post Moderated

3 Likes

Hi @katelissett and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the forum.
You live in a wonderful part of the world, and your animals sound lovely. I have a soft spot for spaniels, especially cockers, and we love looking after chickens too. Bees sound fascinating. We came across a swarm in a tree when out on a walk during lockdown. We did a bit of research afterwards to find out more about why and how this happens, so it turned out to be quite educational for my sons!

@katelissett, welcome to the forum and to the family of sitters and owners here at THS. You’re going to love it! I love when I hear how close folks live to the ocean as I am such a beach/sand/ocean person. I can’t get enough of it!

I would love to hear more about your working cockers. They are beautiful dogs and so loving as well!

I see you have not linked your profile to the forum yet. By doing so, you will have so much more exposure to sitters who might be looking for a sit in your area. All they have to do is click on your name, then click your link to be able to view your dates. To do so, please follow the link below:

(How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile)

Once again, welcome to Trustedhousesitters. We look forward to seeing your adventures!

Debbie and the Community Forum Team

2 Likes

Hello Kate and welcome! Your sit sounds wonderful and I would to do it one day (I spend a lot of time in the UK and adore Devon). I had a loved cocker for 15 years, have sat for chickens many many times, and I actually have some experience with bees!
Good luck with THS. Perhaps our paths will cross…