Hello from sunny Cyprus. :)

Hello everyone! :slight_smile: Chloe and Michael here, a couple who have recently quit their full-time jobs, sold everything and moved from Australia to Cyprus.

We are working on building on our own online mission while hoping to house sit around the world. We are new on here so would love any tips on getting started.

Much love,
Chloe and Michael x

4 Likes

Hi @Chloe.pana,

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitterā€™s community. I love Cyprus! My husband and I lived there for about a month so we wouldnā€™t run into schengen visa issues during our travels and loved it! What area are you all in? Have you enjoyed any of the spas yet? or the tried donkey milk/cheese at the donkey farm?

As you cannot share a link to your listing in this post, do share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you. Iā€™ve always found that in oder to get going as a ā€œtrusted sitterā€ itā€™s always good to start with local and sometimes shorter sits to get the all important first reviews.

If at any time you need any help donā€™t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And donā€™t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,

Kelly & the Forum Team

1 Like

Hi Kelly!

oh wow! We are in Paphos. I am actually originally from Cyprus but have been living overseas for the last 15 years so it has been nice to be back here as a base. Soo many beautiful spas! I actually have never tried donkey milk/cheese!! Need to add it on our bucket list haha.

Thank you for reaching out and the tips! excited to be part of this community :smile:

xx Chloe

@Chloe.pana Welcome. I have Cyprus on my to sit list! have been before but itā€™s a few decades ago (old fart alert!).
My suggestions are normally to have a fully filled out profile. I started local as these sits were easier to get but appreciate that may not be possible in Cyprus. However for your first few sits you may have to accept less desirable sits to hopefully build up your feedback. The key at the moment when applications can be paused once 5 applications are reached is speed on applying and suggesting a video chat asap to ā€˜sellā€™ yourself to HO.

1 Like