Hello from Tasmania!

such a great community spirit. We have been house sitting for 1 year and the freedom it has given us is so wonderful. We have met some lovely homeowners that have become friends and look forward to some new adventures. We are doing this full time and wish I had known about it sooner!

4 Likes

Hi @robotgirl A very big welcome to the forum.

This is an excellent place to make new, like-minded friends. We love to share tips, travel stories, and pet pictures, help the newer members get established, and even hold in-person meetups from time to time.

If you ever find yourself searching for answers to a particular question, you can use the magnifying glass in the top right of this window to search the forum. If you have a question, chances are that someone else has asked it and posted about it.

I would also like to suggest that you also add your profile link to your forum profile here, so other members will be able to “meet” you properly and will see what owners see when you apply for sits
If you go to your Dashboard on the TrustedHousesitters site, scroll to your green profile box, preview and with that link, copy and paste to your forum profile here.
https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

Where have you been house and pet sitting for the last/this year, and what are you future location plans for next year?

Best wishes
Therese and the forum team

1 Like

Thank you Therese.
We have mostly spent time in our home state Queensland. We are now in Tasmania and have a few months of sitting here. John works from his lap top and we are nomadic house sitters I guess! I didnt know there was a term for it but very comforting knowing there are others out there like us.
We want to do house sitting in Bali and Thailand next!

1 Like

Many members also refer to themselves as “location independent.” It really is a remarkable lifestyle.
I remember there have been members here who have done some sits in Tasmania. This is definitely on my bucket list.
I wish you lots of success in Bali and Thailand.

Welcome, @robotgirl! How do you like Tasmania? It looks like a fascinating place to housesit.

Hello Harris2 absolutely beautiful. The scenery is stunning and there is a lovely welcome for “mainlanders”. Its like stepping back to a less busy time and enjoying the moment.
We are having a cold snap at the moment - unusual as we are supposed to have warmer weather at this time of year. House sits in Hobart and Orford - between two beautiful secluded beaches.
Where are you currently?

1 Like

That is so good to hear! We’ve never been there, but are contemplating doing an Eastern Australia/ Tasmania trip in 2024. The scenery is beautiful. We got hooked on it by watching a series called The Kettering Incident. The theme of the show is a bit dark, but the views they showed of Tasmania were just amazing.

@robotgirl
I’ve only spent about 10 days in Tasmania - mostly Hobart but would love to get back there some day - especially for a string of sits.
When in Hobart make time to see the MONA museum and take the ferry to get there.
Am lucky enough to be starting 6 weeks of sits in Australia today - Perth and Melbourne.
Take care.
tom

I will check out the show!

wonderful Tomi,
Welcome, and I hope you have a great time. Thanks for the tip about the museum.
I would like to hear about your ongoing experiences around Australia. Keep me updated!

Hello @robotgirl and a belated welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

As @Therese mentions, you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your profile on here by following the attached link should you wish.

How was Tasmania?
Whereabouts are you currently sitting? :blush: