Hello from Sunset Beach, North Carolina, US

Hello all. My wife, Patty, and I have been members of the TrustedHousesitters family for several years and have had so many wonderful experiences, both here in the US as well as in Ireland, England, France and Switzerland (some 17 sits in all). The homeowners and precious pets we’ve met along the way have provided us with great experiences and friendships - memories that have helped sustain us during these rather bleak months of pandemic responses and isolation. That said, we are fortunate to have recently joined the growing ranks of the vaccinated and look forward to a time when we can once again participate in this unique community of happy wanderers, pet lovers and new friends. Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi @sbrown and Patty, welcome to our community form on launch day! We are so glad you have joined in the “party” thank you for your lovely message and for sharing your story, we cannot wait to get to know you better and share in you THS journey.

Pets, people and places our TrustedHousesitters mantra.

Thank you for joining and enjoy connecting with our members from all over the world.

Angela & The Team

A post was merged into an existing topic: Question Of The Week - Domestic or International Sits?

Hi Steve, thank you and welcome again.

This is a great point and your observation about being a “fast-moving target” is very astute.

We have been in constant consultation since the pandemic began regarding how best to help and support our community and of course the advice has always been to consult the official Gov agencies when contemplating any travel and to abide by their directives.

We have provided practical COVID guidelines for sitters and owners, these can be found on the website blog Blog | TrustedHousesitters.com

I’m going to move your post to Feedback and ideas so that your suggestions (links to agencies etc,) is picked up by the product team and Membership Services.

We are looking forward to our community returning to a safe pet and housesitting lifestyle and it is happening, we are encouraged more and more each day.