Hello from the new Community Manager!

Hi everyone! :wave:t4:

My name is Sophia, I am your new Community Manager. I’m super happy to be here! :partying_face: and can’t wait to get to know you all!

A little bit about me. I have grown up with cats and have one named Nimki! :cat: She is 4 years old & loves falling asleep on top of cupboards. I enjoy travelling, baking and I LOVE crisps. A few of my favourite countries that I’ve visited are Iceland, Indonesia and Dubai! :airplane:

Nimki enjoying a snooze on the windowsill :joy:

My passion is for people. I fell into Community in my first graduate role a few years ago and have loved it ever since! I would describe myself as an expert talker :yum: social butterfly :butterfly: and an enthusiastic relationship builder :hammer_and_wrench:

If you have any questions about anything to do with the Community, let me know. Feel free to introduce yourself to me below, I’d love to hear about you. My DMs are always open so you’re welcome to message me anytime, too! :grinning:

This is the place to ask questions, get advice, share knowledge and stories. We want you to connect with like-minded animal lovers and just have fun being part of the community!

16 Likes

Welcome! Nimki is BEAUTIFUL :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@SophiaK - congratulations on your new job, welcome to the group.

3 Likes

Welcome @SophiaK and Nimki

3 Likes

Haha :joy: thank you!

1 Like

Thank you @Colin :grinning: happy to be here!

1 Like

Welcome @SophiaK - yes to Iceland and Indonesia but oh no to Dubai :joy::joy: (Oman is amazing!) seriously, welcome to the forum :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Welcome @SophiaK :blush:

Nimki is so adorable! :cat::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ahh yes I love crisps too! Any particular favourites? I also love Iceland too, it’s just so stunningly beautiful :iceland::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome!
btw what is a Community Manager? is it for this forum or for THS in general?

3 Likes

Haha :joy: you didn’t enjoy Dubai? I’m intrigued :eyes:

Welcome @SophiaK to your new role as Community Manager.

2 Likes

Thank you! I do particularly love Quavers…any cheesey flavoured crisps also…I have an unhealthy obsession with cheese :sweat_smile:

Iceland is so surreal isn’t it? Did you manage to catch the Northern Lights? :heart_eyes: I was so sad that we didn’t manage to see it!

4 Likes

Thank you, great question! @cat.tails :grin:

Community Managers act as the bridge between a brand and the community. We’re responsible for building, supporting and taking care of the community. Nurturing the growth and helping members foster connections with each other :blush: It will be for both the forum & THS in general

3 Likes

Thanks @temba :grin:

Welcome, Sophia!

Community comes in many flavors and is a challenging job, no matter the flavor. Cheers to your joining a team that’s on the ball. (I say that as someone who manages the community function, along with others, at my employer. I recently hired a new head of community, having to screen various candidates for the role.)

2 Likes

@SophiaK I love cheese too! Yum! If you haven’t tried Stinking Bishop yet then you must try it, it’s fab!! :cheese::sweat_smile:

We have been very lucky to see the Northern Lights a few times, from the ground and from the air, with hubby being a former pilot. The photos below hubby took from the cockpit when we were flying over Northern Siberia flying en-route from London Heathrow to Haneda (Tokyo), Japan.
Hopefully you will get to see the Northern Lights soon fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I lived in Saudi for a few years so have travelled all over the Middle East and love places like the Empty Quarter, Oman & Jordan. Dubai is just too polished for me after all that real desert life. Abu Dhabi is okay :joy: PS Stinking Bishop is an excellent cheese :cheese:

Wow! Incredible shots of the aurora. I’m heading to Iceland on holiday in three weeks and am so hoping to see the lights at some point during my trip. It would be an absolute dream come true to see them. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi @SophiaK. Congratulations and best of luck in your new job! See you on the forum. :blush:

5 Likes

Welcome @SophiaK :slightly_smiling_face:

I look forward to your constructive advice and active support in our forum. Cute kitty too :kissing_cat:

3 Likes