Hello! Playful, Mature Couple from Michigan, USA

Hello, All!

We are Nancy and Marshall, and just joined THS and this forum. Marshall and I are improvisational comedians/actors and Enrichment Speakers on cruises. Since we travel a lot, we can’t have pets, and we both ADORE all animals. Pet-sitting seems a great way to get our cutie-pet fix. (Sorry - shouldn’t use the work “fix” when talking about pets…)

We live on 40 acres in rural Michigan - off-grid for the moment, as we build our house. We can’t stay in our immovable RV over the winter, as it’s too cold, and we’re not back on the ships yet. We are usually in Asia for the winter teaching Buddhism and Improv Comedy, but the ships aren’t back there yet.

So we’d love to find a longer sit somewhere warm. (Hence our other post on joining in order to do a Panama sit we saw while browsing, but by the time we joined/put our profile together, that sit was paused/reviewing applications. Boo.)

We also Christmas carol in and around Chicago, IL, USA every December, staying with Marshall’s son. But he’s selling his condo so we don’t have a place to stay. If any of you have a lead on Chicago for most of December, please let us know!!

Here are some pics…

![Puppies|666x500]
(upload://gzruhmlCVWbVt2xERPxgeOFPpQy.jpeg)

Great to meet you all!
Nancy and Marshall

10 Likes

omg love love love
Welcome @Nanshall

3 Likes

WoWsers :smiley: @nanshell

What havn’t you ‘2’ done ? :grin::dash:

2 Likes

Hi @Nanshall

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community. I love your photos, thank you so much for sharing. You two definitely have an exciting life, where is your favorite place to travel?

The best way to find your way around the forum is to use the magnifying glass to search key words of topics that are of interest to you. This will lead you to posts that you can review.

The main website also has some great tools for information. You’ll find a help tab on the main toolbar there, and the blog (at the bottom of the main page) also has a similar search bar to find blog posts relevant to you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,

Julie & the Forum Team

1 Like

Welcome to you both @Nanshall and wow… playful really does shine through in those lovely photos!! You’ve made me smile for sure!! Look forward to some playful posts as you navigate the forum!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, you guys! Hope to have many fabulous sits!

-Nancy and Marshall

2 Likes

@Nanshall Welcome to our TrustedHousesitters community and thank you for bringing your infectious joy to our forum … I opened your inspirational introduction a few minutes ago and still have a broad smile on my face.

A picture says a million words, the connection you have with one another just is!!

Thank you for sharing and brightening our day and would love to know who is your inspiration, how did you get started on the cruise ships and which cruise captured your imaginations the most?

Where is that somewhere warm and what pets would be your dream companions?

PS You don’t need to answer all at once :grinning:

Welcome again we cannot wait to share in your new adventures with TrustedHousesitters.

2 Likes

Hi Angela! Sorry for the delayed reply - Marshall’s son was visiting over the weekend!

We got started on cruise ships way back, about 20 years ago when we were cast to do improv comedy on one of the Disney ships. I did a four-month contract and Marshall actually didn’t get to do it because they changed the comedy club into a dueling piano bar. But he really wanted to try a cruise, and I wanted back on, so we convinced one line to let us teach improv for a free cruise over to the UK. They said yes, we taught it, and the improv was so popular, they started hiring us!

As for which cruise captured our imaginations the most, that is a most difficult question. Every part of the world can be so beautiful. Favorites include Alaska, New Zealand, Bora Bora, the Mediterranean, Black Sea, Bali, Thailand… I could list more and more.

I’ll save the other questions for later.

All the best,
Nancy and Marshall

2 Likes

Thank you and no need to apologize … a difficult question (which cruise?) a bit like which was your favorite sit and why? It’s so hard each is different although it’s the pets who leave their paw prints in hearts and memories.

Meanwhile I will cruise vicariously through you :wink: