Hello to you from Saint Paul, Minnesota!

You are just the group we’ve been looking for! A pleasure to join the Trusted Housitters family.

We don’t travel a lot, but when we do, we don’t like to confuse our two lovely Golden Retrievers by dropping them at a kennel.

Lucky (10 yrs. old) and Penny (5 yrs. old) are rescues that, as you can see from the photo, lead a mellow and casual life. They are mostly homebodies, enjoying our fenced yard and a daily walk through the neighborhood.

Nancy and I are freshly retired and are looking forward to getting out more into the world. Sitting at our home should be pretty easy and comfortable.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

10 Likes

Hello Family @gardenwithab … aka Lucky, Penny, Nancy & Geoff we are so happy that you have found us. A very warm welcome to Trustedhousesitters and to our friendly community forum we hope you will enjoy your time here.

Thank you for sharing the adorable photograph of your two beautiful “Goldens” I have no doubt that there will be sitters happy to share time with them in their pretty yard and with daily strolls through the neighborhood. As you mention Lucky and Penny are rescues if you are happy to share we’d love to know their story … :dog: :dog: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations on your recent retirement your next life adventure is about to begin. Being able to travel knowing everything is well in your home world, especially with your Goldens, will I’m sure make the adventure even more appealing … Is there any one place in particular you have your travel sights set on or is it the “world is your oyster” time and when you have a moment do tell us what are your favorite things about your home town St Paul.

We are looking forward to getting to know you as well … welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Angela and the Forum Team

2 Likes

Welcome to TH and the forum. I lived in St Paul 1977-91, one of the bungalows between the Green Mill and the Red Owl on Grand Ave.
Penny and Lucky look delightful. Always watching for TC sits - have done 2 so far, Eden Prairie and Shakopee but would be pleased to find a sit in St Paul.
Take care.
Tom

1 Like

Hi @gardenwithab and welcome to the TrustedHousesitters community!

I couldn’t possibly pass through without commenting how gorgeous Lucky and Penny are, they have the most beautiful golden locks :sun_with_face:

Here on the forum you can add the link to your listing in your Forum Profile that way other forum members can find it.

This link will explain how you can add the link How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

Great to have you here.

All the best
Lucy

1 Like

Thanks for welcoming us so warmly. This forum will be a great way to get to know the ins and outs of the community.

Our pets’ stories:

We’ve had the best of luck adopting senior Goldens through Rescue A Golden Of Minnesota [RAGOM], our last 3 (at least) dogs have been made available through them. During the years we’ve had Border Collies, who can be a lot, a Samoyed Husky mix, but Golden Retrievers have been the best fit.
Lucky, the senior fellow, was brought into the household February 2020. He’s always been a very mellow dog, and has never barked! He’s affectionate, but not needy. He led a peaceful life until …
Penny, 5 years his junior, joined the family. Her family was moving to a smaller home, no room for her, and through family and friends we met her. Seemed like a good idea for Lucky to have someone to hang out with! She’s a little more active, but obedient. Much more excited by squirrels, rabbits, etc.

As for our experience with the community, we posted our request for a sit and within a few days met up with a sitter living near us that will be able to help us out! So - I’m telling everyone about TrustedHousesitters, and very much appreciate your friendly support.

Now I have to get to work completing the House Sitting Guide, to cover the household quirks and how to work the remote!

2 Likes

Thanks, Tom, we moved to Saint Paul in 1982 and are quite familiar with the Green Mill part of Grand. It’s still going strong!

Hoping to get to know you,
Geoff

Amazing stories thank you for taking the time to share and congratulations on arranging your first sitter … now to tell us where you are going :wink: