Hi from beautiful British Columbia, Canada!

We have been members of THS since 2019, and love all the adventures we have had since becoming sitters. We enjoy meeting our wonderful hosts, spending time with the cutest pets, and have found that doing sits fits perfectly into our preference for “slow travel”.
So far we have had fun with 19 dogs, 8 cats, 6 chickens, 1 desert tortoise (who was 30 years old), and a pot bellied pig! We are presently enroute to sit #18 in Tucson, Arizona.
All of our past sits have been in Canada & the USA…but we are on our way to Spain & Portugal later in the year. We are excited, and so thankful that we are able to experience this great lifestyle.

Edited by moderator to meet forum terms

9 Likes

Hello, @Bmwoods I would like to wish you both a very warm welcome to the community forum. Here you can connect with like-minded members and use the spyglass to search for previous topics and discussions.

I can see that you have already linked your sitter profile to your forum profile. That is a great way for others to get to know you.

What an amazing array of pets and sit locations. I housesat for a tortoise once (not on THS) and was amazed at the speed he could move, especially at dinner time! My husband and I are on a sit now with 2 cats and 12 chickens, it is my husband’s first experience of egg collecting.

Your photo and sitting journey are very inspirational. I hope that you connect with some other members on here and keep us posted on your travels and adventures.

2 Likes

Welcome Brnwoods: We’re also sitters in B.C.! We’ve had eight great years of house sitting with THS - lots of local sits to start off and get a feel for it. Within a year of joining we ventured abroad doing sits in Australia, Ireland, Caribbean and the U.S. What a great experience it has been! Enjoy your house sit adventures :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is awesome you have completed so many sits and have been on so many fun adventures! I’m dying to sit for a pot bellied pig :heart_eyes: do you have any photos of that cutie?

2 Likes

Oh yes! Olive was quite the character…she especially loved her back scratches, lol!

7 Likes

This is AMAZING!!! She is sooooooo cute!!! How old is she? Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

She was almost 3, and her pet buddy was Franklin - he was 30!!

5 Likes

Thank you @Globetrotter for your warm welcome! It sounds like you have had many adventures around the world. We are hoping to do the same - it’s a wonderful life!

1 Like

So cute! I sat for a tortoise too! This is Tiptoe

5 Likes

Thank you @Carla for the warm welcome - we are excited to be part of this great group of adventurous people!
We’ve had one sit with 6 cute chicks. Hope your hubby is cooking up some fabulous omelettes for you with those eggs! :yum:

5 Likes

Hey there, from another BC member!

We may pass you on the highway (are you driving?) as we are currently on our way home after a 2 week sit in Mesa. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Kelownagurl.
So fun to see a Kelowna girl here! We’ve done 7 sits in Kelowna since our son moved there in 2021, and have had such a lot of fun getting to know the area.
We are currently in Phoenix, and will be driving to Tucson on Monday, so looks like we may have just missed each other.
Are you travelling back to Kelowna? Safe travels - looks like they are having another shot of winter up there :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi @Bmwoods welcome to our forum community from “Beautiful BC” I couldn’t agree more but then I am a little biased coming from Vancouver :wink:

Thank you for sharing your amazing THS journey so far, I’m sure there is much more to come and look forward to “joining” you in Spain & Portugal … I did an 8 month sit near Malaga, I almost didn’t want to leave. Safe and happy travels … keep on sharing :clap: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hello @Bmwoods and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Wow! What an amazing adventure you have both had so far and what a fabulous array of animals too! :turtle::pig::dog::rooster::cat:

Whereabouts in Spain and Portugal will you be heading? We love both and completed a big road trip of both countries fairly recently, if you need any help please feel free to DM me.

You may also find the attached links helpful.

Happy travels! :earth_americas::blush:

2 Likes

@Bmwoods @Julie_A

Oh how adorable! :pig::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Julie_A How lovely! We would absolutely love to look after a tortoise, it looks like you had such a fun sit! :turtle::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, we pulled in Salt Lake City last night after hanging out two nights in Vegas to avoid a winter storm on Wednesday. Woke up to 4" fresh snow this morning but the roads look good for the rest of the trip. Enjoy your sit in Tucson!

2 Likes

@Bmwoods I think I might have fallen in love with Olive. She is cute as can be!

1 Like

@Bmwoods Probably the best chicken photo that I have ever seen! Yes, we are making eggs in every way possible. Such fun adventures :grin: :chicken:

1 Like

It was so much fun! I learned tortoises have huge personalities!

1 Like