👋 Hi I’m a new member from Essex. I’ve never done this before so quite anxious about finding the right pet sitter

I’m quite anxious about finding the right pet sitter for my 6 year old Golden Retriever while I head off to NYC, my first trip after my husband died in 2019, so taking a deep breath and heading out into world with some very good girlfriends. It’s my dog that’s kept me sane since my husband died, making me get up every morning and take him for a walk even in lockdown.

8 Likes

Welcome JAH. I’m so sorry for your loss. You will find the perfect sitter for your Golden (who doesn’t love a Golden?). If you request daily pictures/updates or a video of him while you are gone, it’ll relieve some of your anxiety. Find a sitter that is great about communicating. You’ll both do great. Have a wonderful trip!

4 Likes

A warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s forum.
Our sympathies with your loss too. It must be a difficult adjustment time, so we can understand that your apprehension is normal. It is truly amazing the support that our animals give us during times of loss, and so lovely your Golden did that for you too.
You’ll quickly see what a wonderful community of house and pet sitters we have, and will be able to give you lots of advice.

We would always suggest that you arrange to have a video call with any potential sitter. Sitters would be happy to answer all your questions and you can get an immediate feel if they would be the right fit.

I am sure you will find some wonderful caring sitters and you can go away with peace of mind.

3 Likes