High from Wollongong NSW Australia

Hi,
We have a Two year old Moodle, Charli. Usually goes most places with us but we also like to go away where unfortunately pets are not allowed.:frowning:
Charli goes into doggie day care once a week and loves mixing with the other dogs but he can be a bit reactive when on the lead.
We have an opportunity for a ten day holiday in Cairns but no one to look after Charli.
Kennels are not an option, we don’t believe in that.
Am debating the pros and cons of joining up here to find suitable sitters.
I am very protective of my boy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Charli
That is great to hear that you are thinking of joining TrustedHousesitters to find a sitter for Charli.

The community forum is a great place to meet experienced pet owners and sitters alike, who I am sure will give you reassurance about joining the community and share some of their experiences with you. If you have any more questions then do not hesitate to ask.

Personally as a sitter and former pet parent, I think the main benefit of using the site is that the pets get to stay in the safety and familiar surroundings of their own home.

Once you have made up your mind if this is the right choice for your family and Charli then we can help you get started as a member of TrustedHousesitters, where you can create a listing and post the dates you require a sitter and then receive applicants that way.

Best wishes
Carla

Hi @Charli - you should definitely join, you are in a great location, and I am sure that you would be successful in finding great sitters for Charli. We are booked in May, for 2 weeks in Coledale, (very near to you I think?) in May and are really looking forward to it,

2 Likes

Thanks, have just paid to join. In process of filling in all details.
Tried to put in Wollongong or Towradgi as closest place but wouldn’t recognise these. Had to settle for Windang which is about 20 klm away.
Any way will fill out rest of my profile today. Looking at finding someone for around Sept this year or May trial someone earlier for a short stay beforehand
Cheers
Michael

1 Like

@Charli Great to hear that you have joined. Once you have completed your listing on TrustedHousesitters you can share the listing link on your forum profile. As a new member this will be invaluable as it will allow existing members to view your listing and offer you tips and guidance.

Also feel free to share a picture of Charli, we can never have enough doggy pictures!

Hi @Charli
I’ll be on the east of Aus from May - July but have sits confirmed as follows: 14-28 May in Hope Island, Gold Coast; 31 May - 9 June Bargo, NSW (that sit through another platform); and 16 June - 8 July in Dapto. I’ll be leaving Aus around 25 July to go to Vanuatu and possibly New Caledonia, then Perth for sits in WA. Not sure if I can help you as it doesn’t make sense for me to go right up to Cairns from Sydney having been close in May.
As @Colin says, I’m sure you’ll have no problem getting sitters.

1 Like

Charli my Moodle. Full of life.

7 Likes

Congrats on joining and welcome to the THS community! Charli is absolutely adorable. Here is a helpful guide with information about creating the PAWfect listing.

Are you headed anywhere exciting? Whoever gets to sit Charli is going to be one lucky human :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Going up to Cairns then out to the reef on a yacht.
Haven’t been away since COVID.

2 Likes

That sounds lovely! Enjoy every minute of it!

1 Like

That’s great you’ve joined @Charli. Your Charli looks such a gorgeous dog and I see you already have 1 applicant for September! I’m sure you’ll receive more in the next day or two.

2 Likes

Thank you .

Congratulations @Charli on joining TrustedHousesitters and welcome to the Community Forum :slightly_smiling_face:
Charli looks absolutely adorable :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: … what a bundle of fun!
Enjoy your trip, sounds fabulous! :motor_boat::blush: