Hiya! From Manhattan NY USA 👋🏽👋🏽

Just wanted to say hello from Manhattan, USA.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum we’re happy you’re here! I love the NYC pride. So tell me where’s your favorite place to get pizza in the city?

Also, you may want to link your member profile to your forum profile for additional exposure when you are using the forum. To do so just go to How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

1 Like

Hi Kelly,

Sure, Brooklyn has the best pizza! Try Bensonhurst or Bay Ridge, or Canarsie. The first Italians migrated there from the Lower East Side of Manhattan to these Brooklyn enclaves. You can also try the Bronx, Arthur Ave. but no comparison to Brooklyn pizza! NYC water enhances the taste of the dough.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Now you’ve got my mouth watering :drooling_face: but I guess I did start it.
258s

2 Likes

Wow, that looks amazing!! I had a pizza once that looked like that with a garlic oil drizzle. I died. I went to visit my friend who lives in Bed-Sty in Brooklyn. We ate the pie in like 10mins. Lol. Best pizza of my life. Lol. :yum::yum::yum:

1 Like

Greetings @meshellguz; opinion in the forum seems to be that NY is one of, if not the top, most sought after locations to get sits. You’re right in the centre of things!
Sorry to present an alternative POV but I normally live in Italy and that is the one and only, very best in the world place to get pizza :deaf_woman:t3: I have loads of extra kilos with which to prove my point!

I have not been to Italy yet. Lol. Am sure it’s divine! Any recommendations? Always love a personal recommendation.

Thank you! @saltrams

1 Like

@meshellguz I must say that pizza in Italy is totally different from pizza in the US. It has been adapted here for American pallets. We have a friend who went to Italy and kept ordering pepperoni pizza, only to get pizzas everytime with peppers on it…no such thing as pepperoni in Italy. We kept telling him over and over that this was the case but he just didn’t want to believe us…lol! Now he does!!!

Only one recommendation for you; Go To Italy! You will love it. We do. Buon viaggio!

1 Like

@Saltrams I love all things Italy…including the pizza…but oh that pasta and those meats! MMMMMMMMMM

1 Like

It’s true @Debbie-Moderator. We live in Lazio the region of “carne alla braccia” (meat on the wood fired grill) and il quarto quinto (the 5th quarter of the animal; i.e. the snout & squeak). We only left 10 days ago & already I’m longing to be back again :pleading_face:

1 Like

@saltrams…what is your favorite region in Italy? We love the Tuscany region and have been all over it, but ready to explore more…hopefully within the next year!

Puglia is my favourite @Debbie-L, although I haven’t seen enough of Sicilia to know if it’s a serious competitor. I’m not a fan of the north, mostly for reasons of climate. Puglia is quite bare and wild in places, with gorgeous big, old olive trees and whitewashed buildings. I’d move there in an instant.

2 Likes

Puglia is our planned next trip!

1 Like

A girl can dream! That will be my next trip. Ty! :it::it::it::pizza::pizza::pizza::v:t4::v:t4::v:t4:

2 Likes

I would love to know the best regions to visit in Italy! :it::it::it::v:t4::v:t4::v:t4:

1 Like

That sounds so lovely and amazing!

1 Like

:v:t4::v:t4::v:t4::it::it::it:

You’ll love it. Get right down to the very bottom of the heel & see it all.

5 Likes

And for @meshellguz;

7 Likes