House a bit frayed

Hi all, I’m new to this and have a question, many of the other houses I see on this look really nice. My house is a bit like me, it’s a bit frayed around the edges so anxious that no one would want to sit, can you reassure me, thank you
Picture of my 2

6 Likes

Hi there and welcome to THS!

Your home by no means needs to be a fancy show home or have a really glamorous feel. Sitters simply require a home that is clean, safe, functional and comfortable. Sitters really appreciate having space in the fridge & food cupboard for their food, space for their clothes and belongings, and a comfortable bed to sleep in, as well as all the normal amenities such as a clean and functional bathroom, kitchen and living space. As long as your sit can provide this, and your listing does not present a dirty home (e.g: pictures of an unmade bed, dishes in sink, clutter everywhere) then you should be fine!

Remember to choose a nice, attractive profile picture for your listing that draws attention and highlights why a sitter should choose your sit (e.g: a nice picture of the front of your home, your pets, or your local area, not a random image of your bathroom or kitchen :laughing:)

Good luck, and you may want to check out this blog I inspired for THS to help you with your listing!

P.s: your cats look very cute! :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you so much that’s really reassuring and yes can provide a clean comfy house

5 Likes

Fantastic, you should be fine then :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Two cats are highly desireable for Sitters who like to explore the area.

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m in the suburbs of Bristol Uk with good links to the centre and nice local gastro pub and park within 5 minutes walk

7 Likes

I prefer clean, simple comfortable homes compared to the super big ones as it’s easier to clean on departure day. Don’t worry, your home will be fine as long as it’s clean and tidy

2 Likes

In addition to the other advice here I recommend you link your profile or listing here so that members can advise you how to improve it, if necessary. Here’s how:

Put your mind at ease. We often sit for owners that we simply feel a good vibe about, we feel a feel-good connection with their profile. The people, pets, and location take priority for us, over and above the type of house.

Just ensure it is clean with clean bedding and towels, that’s all we really want, and you’ll be just fine.

1 Like

Love your description “…a bit frayed…”. I obviously can only speak for myself : As long as a home is clean and functional and full of wonderful animals, I’m happy to apply. And, to be completely honest, I prefer smaller, simpler homes to the more grandiose versions and I suspect that I’m far from alone in this. Good luck in finding someone to care for your sweet kitties !

3 Likes

Today is the last day of a sit in a spectacular home - views over the water, Mt Rainier peeking at me, deer and eagles playing, and nothing out of place. It’s been wonderful and I’m grateful that they’ve asked me back four times! Next week I go to a new sit in a house that would fit in a corner of my current one! It’s small and definitely older but clean and efficient. As others have said, less to clean up! Safe, secure, clean - what more could you ask? You’ll be fine with those things in mind and your pics will tell the story. Good luck!

4 Likes

Clean and comfortable is what matters to me as a sitter, along with location. Cats are also less common on here (I think) but very popular with sitters as they have more free time to explore.

2 Likes

Thanks all, that’s really reassuring

1 Like

Me too! Plus, I love ones that are not 100% because when I leave them cleaner than I found them, the owners are so happy!

3 Likes