How can I view most recent applications?

We recently created a listing on TrustedHousesitters for our upcoming vacation in November. (We have since confirmed a sitter, which is great news.) We received several emails from TrustedHousesitters saying, for example, “You have 4 new people watching your listing.” So I would immediately go to the TrustedHousesitters website to view the new people. However, I discovered that it appears there is no way to distinguish the NEW or RECENT watchers from those from over a year ago that I know are not interested in sitting in November. If TrustedHousesitters is informing me that 4 new people are interested and watching the listing, why can’t they tell me who those 4 people are? If we hadn’t gotten a confirmed sitter within a few weeks, I would have liked to contact those watching to encourage them to apply. Is there a way around this problem? Thanks for your help, everyone!

Hi @SouthwestColleen , From what we’ve heard from other HO, THS lets you know when people have selected your listing as a favorite but doesn’t put them in chronological order. It probably would not help to invite any of these people anyway, as they are automatically notified when you post dates and if you don’t hear from them, it’s because they are not available.

@SouthwestColleen in short, you can’t. What I do is look at the photo of the sitter in the email from THS and then scroll through all the sitters who have favourited our listing looking for a match. It’s akin to playing “snap”. That’s how the THS system works. It’s not user friendly at call. Wish I had a better answer for you.

Before THE GREAT PAUSE I would’ve agreed with you, however now we will search an area (for example, London) and scroll down to ‘listings not currently accepting applicants’ and see which ones are reviewing that fit our dates. We favorite these in hopes that 1) we’ll get a favourite notification faster than a saved search notification and 2) the HO may see we saved their listing, look at our profile, think we’re a perfect match and reach out! Wishful thinking? Probably. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

4 Likes