How do DMs work?

In the forum I’ve seen posters say “DM me”. I do not seem to be able to find a way to send DMs. How are DMs sent and who can I DM?

(Stupid me. . . thanks for helping!)

Hi @Ruckusfan
Just to clarify … if you click on the forum member at the top, there will be a green message box that appears. When you click on that, that will be the start of a direct message. There is a little envelope that appears at the very top of the message area, which confirms that it is a direct message.

2 Likes

You can also click on the name of a member and a message tab will appear. Click and write.

We are all learning and growing. :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @Ruckusfan - There is no such thing as a stupid question. We only know what we know.

You can also find another member by typing their name into the spyglass icon in the top right-hand corner of the page, click on their name and then send them a private message from there.

1 Like

Thank you for asking, @Ruckusfan. I feel it’s true that when someone asks a question, someone else will be wondering the same thing, so it’s good you asked.

Also, normally I’d suggest searching the forums via the magnifying glass in the upper-right, but I see that “DM” is too short. :sweat_smile: You would have to know that DM = Direct Message, and hope that people in a topic would actually say that. But found one!

DMs here caught me by surprise, too. Someone sent me one saying, “Why didn’t you DM this other member in this case?” And I’m like, “We have DMs?” Lol.

I also still confuse DMs with regular posts, because they look very similar. To check/read your DMs, click on your profile icon in the upper-right:

Keep those questions coming, all!