How do you pamper yourself while traveling?

Meditate and visualize my dream life at the next level up and doing it for as long as I like without disruptions.

4 Likes

I too am a fan of hot springs/hot tubs as you know we have one and use it almost nightly :star_struck:
So when we travel I look for natural hot springs/spas…one of the most fun was a BeerSpa in Prague…overall during our travel Bali bar none had the best and also the cheapest spa/pampering experiences.

Flower Bath in Bali with message was around $5-$10

9 Likes

Omg I’m so jealous @Kelly those both look amazing :heart_eyes: how was the beer bath haha?

2 Likes

The past couple of years have been absolutely non stop for me with having 2 jobs, starting a small business, helping run a dog rescue, and caring for my mom who is unwell. It’s very rare I ever have a moment to myself to do absolutely nothing. So I pamper myself by doing just that, nothing! Cuddling my dog on the couch and binge watching Netflix without looking at my computer screen or answering emails/calls is what I call a pampered night haha.

11 Likes

@Kelly Looks fabulous! …. another one for you to try when you are in Italy…

One of Tuscany’s best kept secrets!

The Cascate del Mulino hot springs which sits just outside the small village of Saturnia on the grounds of an old mill. Holding at a steady temperature of 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit (37.5 degrees Centigrade), the vibrant sulphuric water spills down the hillside, creating delightfully relaxing open-air “pools.” Saturnia and its springs share a rich history, dating back to the 20th century B.C.

And if that’s not enough… just down the road is the fabulous harmonious five-star spa resort Terme di Saturnia with a spectacularly scenic GEO-Certified championship golf course. This resort is near to the fascinating hill towns, yet secluded in 120 hectares of Tuscan countryside and you can leave the busy world far behind! :heart::slightly_smiling_face:

This was the perfect place for us to relax and unwind post-sit when we were in Italy.

9 Likes

Now here’s someone who knows how to pamper himself!

5 Likes

This is amazing @Karen_E :joy_cat::raised_hands:

3 Likes

The key to my happiness, and my velcro dog’s; always always tangled together, or tethered by a leash, or sharing smiles, playing fetch, or hanging out cuddling. It is a blessing.

I’m so glad you have that to unwind from the caring, rescuing, working and non-stopping. Love and healing prayers to your mom, and to you, Julie and your boy dog.

What a beautiful boy he is,
Claire

6 Likes

Aw thank you @anon84784007 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Travel and pets are the two components of my pampering regime.
No need for anything else.

6 Likes

I would agree, ElsieD, and today, I realized, my 2 sets, from India, of nice 100% thin cotton printed Pajamas with birds on them, are my third “Pampering Tool” of choice!

I looked for them on Etsy, found them, and now feel ever-so-pampered, lounging after the many walks per day that keep me uplifted.

4 Likes

@Kelly we missed out on doing a flower bath in Bali, but we had lots of wonderful Balinese massages and did a trip to some natural hot springs. This is on my list for a future visit :hibiscus:

3 Likes

The Beer Spa was AWESOME! I recommend it to anyone going to Prague…it’s was deff over our regular spa/pool budget as I think (even with a coupon) it cost around $100 for the two of us…that’s the thing in SE Asia and Eastern Europe we got used to getting day passes to spas for like 12Euro-50Euro tops. The Philippines actually has the cheapest messages (we paid $5 for the two of us to get a couples full body message - the foot message alone was 1hr, the entire experience was 3!!) I’d go back to the Philippines in a heartbeat. Anyhow yes the Beer Spa IMO was worth it my skin never felt so soft - we also drank our weight in the beer that was included :rofl: :beers:

5 Likes

yes absolutely! I ended up doing it more than once while we were in Ubud because I loved it so much and oh man did it smell like heaven!

6 Likes

I definitely miss the cheap massages and spa days in the Philippines and Bali! I was in heaven there!

2 Likes

Pyjamas are a must. Shower, put on your pyjamas, pour a glass of chilled wine and watch the hubbie cook a delicious dinner. That’s what you call pampering.

4 Likes

We’re going to need a whole new thread for Bali. The entire time there is one big soul pampering? Nourishing session.

I may have to take a turn before heading back from Australia later this year.
:thinking: yeah

9 Likes

@Amparo I met my husband in Bali and these photos brought back so many fond memories, food, locations and the people we met. #happyplaces

8 Likes

I am so happy for you! Sweet hubby! That does sound very relaxing and luxurious. (Pyjamas, pajamas, colors, colours, etc…+ stay on and drive on the left, yeesh: I have so much to modify, for The UK!)

1 Like

I LOVE these photos! They too remind me of our delightful time there…such a special island and full of beautiful people and culture.

6 Likes