How exciting our first post

We are Jude and Ray. Both are excited about having our beloved home taken care of while we have a long awaited holiday.

We are also a little apprehensive, having strangers in our home is a little scary.

Our experience with housesitters has been enjoyable because we always relied on a dear friend. Unfortunately we are unable to use her services for a while.

Currently we have 5 chickens and 2 guineafowl chicks. these are the only pets we have, so will only need them to be fed, watered and their pens tidied up once a week.

We have a veggie patch, where the guinea fowl live, they are wonderful pest controllers.
We have a lot of gardens and would not expect house sitters to attend the gardens unless they want to get their hands dirty.

We would like a house sitter for about 8 weeks

I am not sure what else I am expected to say so I will post this and see what happens, Im sure someone will let me know.

Kind regards

Jude and Ray

2 Likes

Welcome Jude and Ray
Your sit sounds lovely, but you don’t say where you are from.
This forum is great as it answers so many questions one has and is really helpful understaning the Home owner’s side when one is a sitter and the other way around.

Hello @JudenRay and welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s forum. Please know that your apprehension is normal, but I’m sure it will be short lived. You’ll quickly see what a wonderful community of house and pet sitters we have… and just how many of us love looking after chickens!! It sounds like you have a good long trip planned and I think there will be plenty of members who enjoy longer term assignments, who will be keen to apply!

I can see you’ve partially completed your membership on the main website. All you need to do now is to finalize your subscription after which you’ll be guided on how to post your listing. To help you with that process, this is a useful video from the TrustedHousesitters’ blog:

Once your dates are live, you’ll also be able to share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best, Vanessa and the team

1 Like

YES please post a link! I have raised both chicks and keets and they are so much fun. Hope to see the location and dates to consider this!

1 Like

Hi Jude and Ray :wave: Welcome to the site and forums. I know no matter that time or place, a first time, can always be a little scary. I have learned and am seeing myself on here, this is a wonderful place with a fantastic group of people. I’m like you though, I have house and pet sat for many many years, however for friends and family. So this will be my first time doing it for strangers. I am however very much looking forward to it as it gives me a chance to go to areas I have never been, and a chance to make a lot more new friends and love on some animal children. :slight_smile: I actually just did my first application last night, but it’s kinda of a long shot, but my fingers are crossed. I wish you both the best on your adventures, and should you have any questions, feel free to ask, as there are many wonderful people here that are able to help.
-Deb :heart: