How to do new search after sitter cancels

I’m not in panic mode yet, but my sitter for our May 16 to May 28, 2024 trip just told me she cannot do it (for what is a legitimate reason) but it’s more than 7 days til then so I can’t put it under last minute sits. I can’t cancel the trip without losing our deposit, airfare etc, How can I get new applicants this late into the need? I did cancel her application, but am not sure if others will see it,.

Your sit does not show as new. It has the dreaded low-applications sticker.

There are no applications, so you could unlist it. And then post it as new, I think. Then notifications are sent out to sitters with Saved searches of your town in Connecticut.

1 Like

I just removed it and then put it back in, but I don’t think it looks any different than before. I have no new applicants as I just posted it.

Any chance you have a car available? These dates are a little earlier than I wanted for my trip to Connecticut, but if a car was included, I would look into the cost of the airfare

1 Like

I love your sit. I’m based in PA and have commitments during that time (notably 16-18 May in VA), however.

Yes, it does. Now it has the “New” label.

Great! That means that notifications will go out within an hour to sitters that have a Saved search for your area.

1 Like

Since we are flying, if the sitter can take us to and pick us up from the airport, our car would be available to them.

2 Likes

Looks like you have one applicant @ShirleyE so hopefully they are suitable.

2 Likes