How to request for a review and when

Hi @Summer21 welcome to our community forum I have just Direct Messaged you regarding your reviews if you could get back to me via the DM system I will take a look for you.

Enjoy connecting with other members and we look forward to sharing in your new THS journey.

Angela and the Team

I just completed a house sit a few days ago and this morning went to request a review but my last house sit doesnā€™t come up so I canā€™t request a reviewā€¦ In fact, a house sit that I did two years ago appears at the top. Iā€™m not new to this as I have over 30 reviews. Is there a glitch in the system at the moment?

@Globetrotter I havenā€™t seen anything reported today, but Iā€™ll tag @Lucy-B who will be able to look into for you when she comes on soon. Are you using the app or desktop? That will be useful info for her.

Thanks Vanessa: Iā€™m using the desktop but I just went on the app and same thing - a house sit I did two years ago appears at the top. None of my recent sits do. While I have you on here, did you have a chance to look into my account re the problem with ā€œsavedā€ searches that I canā€™t seem to access? Tks again!

Hi @Globetrotter

When requesting a review you will need to wait until the sit has completed on the platform. So as the sit is listed to finish today, the ability to request a review will be available from tomorrow.

I hope you had a lovely sit!

All the best
Lucy

Thanks Lucy! Youā€™re correct - the sit was supposed to end today but the homeowner changed his dates but I guess didnā€™t change them in the system. We completed the sit on Friday. Good to know - tks again!