How to request for a review and when

So far we only received excellent reviews because we do our outmost to make sure that the HO is very happy.
I was wondering what your experiences are in getting a review. Do you ask for it immediatly after the housesit, few days after that?
I was thinking of asking during our sit what we could do better or if they happy but that leaves the HO to ask for more items to be done.
Right now we have already done more than what we agreed upon.

What is your experience with this? Always happy to learn,
thanks

Hi @airwolfke
I don’t understand why you would ask the HO if there is anything else that you could do better when you have not yet completed your sit. They will not know until they have returned. Anything that they would want doing would be documented in either the Welcome Pack or alternative document.
I always ask for a review as soon as I can which is the day after the sitting finishes. The HO may receive a reminder email but I use the link which you can find on your dashboard and ask them that way.

1 Like

I always leave a thank you/welcome back note for the homeowner and at the end I mention how important reviews are for sitters and ask them to please review us at their earliest convenience. That works almost all of the time.k I wait 5 days to send the link through the system if We have not gotten our review. I have only had one homeowner who I had to follow up with to get our review and it turns out, he thought that his wife had already done it and was very apologetic.

6 Likes

We wait 3 days after the sit is finished to give the HO chance to leave a review unprompted. After that, we send a message explaining the importance of reviews and ask them if they would mind leaving one

2 Likes

A loosely connected question: yesterday I finished a house sit to which I’d been invited by direct communication through THS. The sit did not appear on my ‘schedule/calendar’ and so I have no ‘link’ to send the HO to prompt her to leave a review for me. She and I both want to do this but I can’t see anything to begin the process. Can anyone help please?

Morning @LTD , just to clarify… did she:
a) invite you to a sit but then not subsequently list it and go through the acceptance process, or
b) listed it after direct comms, you accepted, but it just didn’t appear?
Let me know and I’ll see how best to deal with it :slight_smile:

Thanks Vanessa,
I don’t know why the sit invite didn’t appear, but I think she and I followed the second option you’ve given. ‘Listed it after direct communication, I accepted, it didn’t appear’.
The first sit invite IS in my inbox: it is Sophie, from Malmesbury.
Can you locate it?
Laura.

Vanessa,
Here is the message I have just left in my inbox. The sit DOES appear there but NOT on my dashboard.

‘‘Morning Sophie,
Thank you for your voicemail yesterday.
I’ve notified THS that although the house sit appears here, it doesn’t appear in my ‘feedback’ which means I cannot comment on the sit and I believe, neither can you until THS uploads it. So as soon THS does this, I’ll leave feedback and if you could do so too, that would be great. Hugs to M x3 plus the lawn mower!’’

Hi Laura… we will take a look at this today and talk to MS as it maybe they are already looking at this. Will get back to you later :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LTD Hello again Laura… posting here in case you miss my latest DMs. Unfortunately, although you both acknowledged and confirmed the sit on messenger, the owner hadn’t completed the final stage of approving you as the sitter, so it was still showing as an unallocated sit on the system.

Anyway, you are all good to place review/feedback as membership services has made sure the sit is now active for you both. There is an email winging it’s way to both of you to confirm this from Tanisha. Enjoy your week!

1 Like

Thank you for sorting this. I had a feeling that it was easily solved but that there was an important step missing

Admin Notice: Post moderated to remove personal & private information

1 Like

I would have thought so but I don’t have owner membership so I’m not so clear on how that works. I’ll ask the question and get back to you :slight_smile:

Just heard back from MS… so we don’t disclose owner details here… can you meet me in the DM zone again :slight_smile: Thanks !

Hi all, I’ve completed my first sit a week ago. The experience was wonderful and we’ve had really good communication throughout the sit. I sent HO a message on the last day of my sit asking for a review and they agreed.

It’s been 1 week since we last spoke and I still haven’t received my review. It’s my first sit so their review is really important to me.

Am I being impatient?

Welcome to the Forum, Basychow. You can go into your Dashboard and click on Reviews. It should then show the sit you have just completed and you can click where it say Request a Review. I hope your HO is forthcoming then with your review as that first one is so good to receive.

Welcome to the group @YanTung - I think a week is enough to wait so you are not being impatient. For future reference though, I would not ask before a week - give them the chance to leave on unprompted first - many will do this.
In this instance I would now send another message, from your dashboard go to request a review, I would delete the standard message and add your own instead - asking them if they can spare a minute to leave you a review - tell them how important reviews are, especially to new sitters and how it will really help you when applying again for more sits.

Hi Vanessa I’m not aware that we can generate a link for the HO to leave a review. Wheee can I do that? Thanks :pray:t3:

Hi @YanTung and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and our community forum. We know how important that first review is so totally understand why you want to follow up on your earlier message to the homeowner. Both @temba and @Colin have given you the correct advice for requesting a review, and I second Colin’s suggestion to remove the standard message and add your own, referring to your earlier conversation, and explaining how important it is as a new member.

For step by step information on how to make this request from your dashboard on the desktop or in the app, here’s our help desk guide:

Let us know how you get on. All the best and happy weekend!

2 Likes

Hi all.

I have recently had 2 sits, both very successful, but even after I have left feedback, & I have requested mine, no response! I have gently nudged to ask for a review as otherwise my profile looks bad…is anyone else experiencing this??

Rude!

1 Like

We usually wait a few days to ask for a review to give the homeowners a chance to settle back. On the last few sits I’ve given the homeowners a review prior to asking for one and they’ve given us a review quite promptly after that. I know this has been a discussion on other topics - homeowners that have not given reviews and I have responded that despite having almost 30 glowing reviews we’ve had three homeowners who never provided us with reviews. That’s why I’ve started given the homeowners a review prior to me asking them and it seems to be working in getting our reviews!

1 Like