I only want to sit for cats--how to state?

I have been approached many times to sit for local dogs. I will only sit for cats. I feel for people desperate to leave for the holidays and I’m getting many invites to sit locally for dogs. I don’t want to be rude, but how do I explain I will only sit cats? I don’t mind sitting locally if it is convenient and to build up reviews, but have also gotten a lot of local invites recently. I can’t do it very often, but once in awhile I don’t mind helping someone out. No dogs though.

I did change my profile to reflect this.

Well. If you have it in your profile, as you say you do, then people aren’t reading it properly. If approached to sit for dogs just politely say that you only sit for cats as stated in the profile.

4 Likes

Hi @tortimom. There are lots of sitters on the TrustedHousesitters platform who only want to sit for specific types of animals (cats or dogs or birds…) A few of our members here on the forum are cat-only sitters. Hopefully they will chime in with tips that work well for them.

In the meantime, if you copy a link to your Trusted sitter page into your forum profile, our members can take a look at it for you, to see if there’s anything else they can suggest. Here’s how you do that:

1 Like

Post a profile pic with an X through a dog image.

Some people are more visual.

Just say when you decline the invitation “thanks for reaching out but I don’t do sits with dogs” you don’t have to explain why

1 Like