I think the HO is not seeing my message

I was accepted to sit by a couple I suspect is brand new to THS. I sent them a message asking for more info about their location before I accept, but it is still showing as unread. I think they may not know that I sent a message. What now?

They will get an email saying you have sent a message, if they don’t read it, there’s not much you can do, unless you have any other contact details.

I have the same issue. Now I’m in a dilemma whether I should go ahead and apply for another sit. The sit is in September so I’m wondering if I should wait a while. I’ve sent a few messages but they are ‘unread’. In from Australia and the sit is in the UK and the HOs are aware that I’m from Oz and need to finalize dates.

1 Like

It’s always been recommended that you apply for multiple sits as until the sit is confirmed there are many factors that mean you may not be accepted for a particular sit .

1 Like

I’ve had this happen many times. Ive no idea why. I just withdraw my application after a couple of days if it still shows as unread.

1 Like

@Karen65 keep applying for other sits as you are not yet confirmed for the owner who is not responding. There are way more UK sits than there are sitters. It’s a sitters market. For the home owners who snooze, they lose! Hard message but it’s the reality.

1 Like

Thank you everyone. The HO must have seen my post😜. He got in touch with me and we r talking on Tuesday
Cheers

2 Likes

Like Crookie says, U.K. sits far outnumber sitters. If your prospective host drags things out or the sit raises any concerns, you typically can find others without sweat, unless you’re focusing on a popular location like London.

1 Like

That’s good news @Karen65 exchange phone numbers with the owners as soon as possible .

1 Like

There was this problem that messages could show as unread in the app and as read in the web interface. Or was it the other way around. Maybe this problem has not been fixed yet?

Hello @pietkuip This has been updated a few times on the forum as a fixed issue a while ago, sorry if you missed it but hope that helps :slight_smile:

There were 2 sits a few weeks apart. After not receiving a response, I accepted the 2nd sit and sent a message that I couldn’t accept the first sit until I knew which neighborhood they live in. I have still received no response, and my messages are still showing as Unread. Finally today I declined the first sit - which is a shame because it looks really nice. But I’m hoping that message gets through to them.

I suspect, however, that there’s either some glitch in the system or they (new to THS) don’t know how to navigate it.

On Sunday I applied for an international sitting that starts on the 29th, but so far the HO hasn’t even seen the message. Even with just a few days to buy the ticket. This makes me a little sad :broken_heart: