Interested in arranging house sitter member meetups - general

I head back to Phoenix on the 15th, so our visit would have to be during your KeyWest sit…? And, yes, a cocktail will be welcomed!, (I just sent you a text:)

Hi @Grandma … I have just marked out your mobile/cell phone number in the public forum. It’s easily done but one to watch out for. The best thing to do is to connect by using the direct messaging which is private. Enjoy connecting!!

1 Like

It’s lovely to see you all connecting and organizing meetups! It’s something we’ve done for many years and have had some amazing get-togethers with other sitters and travelers around the world. House sitting full-time can be a lonely lifestyle, and we’ve always found that meeting new travelers results in evenings full of questions about our way of live, house sitting and more, which although we love to share, it’s equally special to meet other sitters who “get” the way we live, and moreover get the love of pets and travel and what house sitting is all about.

It will be interesting to see how meetups evolve here on the forum, and I’m sure the forum team will issue some guidelines on this soon, but please be mindful of putting private information up with phone numbers and especially addresses of house sits, in forum topic threads. It’s easily done by accident, and we will always delete as soon as we see anything, but we aren’t online all the time.

Once you’ve found your connections, the best thing is to move your conversation about specific details onto a direct message (DM). If anyone needs help with this just let us know. Have fun :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @Grandma wonderful to see our members connecting and arranging meet ups, just one thing I have removed your email address as the forum is a public platform, it’s easily done to post here but members should only share personal details via Direct Message.

4 Likes

Thank you. What is direct messaging.

Direct Messages are sent from one forum member to another privately using the MESSAGE option. A bit like when you send a text message to an owner on the TrustedHousesitters website when applying to sits.

Here’s a thread where this has been discussed and @Petermac has shown how to do this with images to help. Have a look, and if you want to practice by sending me @Vanessa-Admin a message, please do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Vanessa-ForumCMgr thanks Vanessa and I will maybe try it with you in the next few days and see if i have worked it out…failing that i might need to use abacus or homing pidgeon!! Oh and @Grandma goodluck with hooking up onyour travels…we all need a Grandma!!

3 Likes

Hi there! I’m here in Miami doing a sit until the 10th and would love to meet up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dang Lauren! I’m leaving Surfside today and going on another sit in coconut grove. I won’t have a car tho :pensive: Where in Miami are you?

1 Like

Hi @Lauren - welcome to the forum!! Hope you get to make a connection there in Miami! Send us pix if you do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Meetup Gallery

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Meetup Gallery

A brilliant question. It would be great to see who’s around in your local area while you are on a sit.

1 Like

It worked for me, I met up with two different fellow sitters while in Miami and it totally enhanced my entire visit!

Fab! Don’t know how I missed this. I did this crossing (more than once lol) with my children! it was my love for The Beatles that led me to take my first leap across the pond!

oh the stories, the stories…
Enjoy!

2 Likes

In Orlando this Monday for 3 days. Anybody around. In Paris France in October 21 for couple days sightseeing,than Prague. Who is in Europe. If so please Direct Message me. Thank you

1 Like

I’ll update - currently in Friday Harbor on the San Juan Islands of Washington state (unlikely there is anyone nearby) until Oct 11.
But I’ll be in Minneapolis-St Paul with a car Oct 19-Nov 3, in Houston with a car Nov 10-16 and on the Palos Verdes peninsula near Los Angeles Nov 16-26.
Any meetup possible?

3 Likes

Sorry not me.

1 Like

We took the ferry to Friday Harbor some years ago to do a whale watching trip. We really liked what we saw of the islands and would love to explore more. While we were in a cafe, my friend overheard the staff trying to work out where we were from as they couldn’t place our accents. They finally decided that we were from Texas. We were all from the UK! I guess UK visitors were not common there. I’d love to return there for a housesit, but will am a very long way away at the moment!

1 Like

The Upper Pacific Northwest, one of my favourite parts of the world @toml @Katie … hailing from Vancouver, a dear friend and TrustedHousesitters introduced me to Bainbridge Island almost 6 years ago, it’s a very special place, enjoy the Islands.

1 Like