Introduction from Scotland, North East Grampian

Hello

My husband and I have been with THS for a number of years. We have had lovely house/ pet sitters for our furry family. Many are now our forever friends, from far and wide.

Unfortunately we have had our dates up for our holiday in July for some time now, with no luck of anyone coming forward.

I have even invited people to have a look at our profile, pictures etc.

We live in a lovely part of Scotland North East Grampian region in a small village with absolutely lovely country side surrounding us.
We have Tula our beautiful older doggie and her son Wail’n, they get on amazing, then our two cats Oli & Pearl, they are free to wonder or ponder around the house.
Our two hens are free range and do there own thing.

We are really worried we will not get a sitter for our fur babies

Thank you

Valerie & Derek

1 Like

Hello @Valanddek and welcome to the Forum! I can understand your angst around finding a sitter but don’t give up hope. This community is rich with resources and support.

You mentioned sending folks to your profile so here’s a shortcut on making that happen here in the Forum: How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile.

Your listing looks good - you have provided nice detail about the area, access to good food (who doesn’t love fresh eggs? Save vegans :wink:), castles and history… even a “She Shed” - heck, Beam Me Up Scotty and I’ll do it! (I wish I could.)

As to how best enhance, I might suggest changing your headline to include something about your garden as it sounds like quite a highlight for you and previous sitters. And while you are close to transit, might a car be included? I’m sure you’ve noticed from previous posts that this is becoming more of an issue now with regards to attracting folks outside the area. We seem to desire the serenity of village life yet require access to all conveniences. And from what I can tell, you’ve got it!

Please let us know if you need assistance with any of these changes. We want to see everyone succeed by making the best connections possible.
Karen S and the Forum Team

Thank you Karen

Yes we can offer a car, that is a good idea.
I do believe I have a picture of my garden and she shed, I will add some more information on my garden.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

Valerie Cowie

Valerie, Wonderful!

I was thinking you might add the garden part to your listing title. Perhaps something like “Village Garden Charmer with Furry Friends” which doesn’t make it sound too remote. Of course, I will not be offended if you leave it as is!

I’ve also gone ahead and included your profile in your listing here so anyone who sees your posts will be able to have a quick look for details.

Hope that helps!
Warmly,
Karen S

What memories! Kemnay. My gran and grandad lived there in a house called Evandale near the Kirk. Had a high back wall, outside toilet and lots of nooks and crannies to explore. Spent most of my summers as a child there.
I’m sure you’ll find someone who is perfect for you. It all just takes time. Good luck.

2 Likes