January/Feb sit in a Snowboarding/Skiing Area

Hi all. I would love some advice. I am wondering if there is a way to highlight or tag a sit to bring attention to some attributes of a sit. For example, I am in an area of world-class mountain biking year-round and snowboarding/skiing looking for a sitter Jan/Feb. Or do sitters have some way, that I am unaware of, to indicate/tag themselves for a particular kind of sit they might be looking for? I love the ability to invite sitters, but without some way of sorting through those who might be interested, it seems daunting to look through profiles. Any ideas are welcome and thank you so much!!

Put that information in your heading so it’s the first thing someone sees. In addition or as an alternative, include it under Home.

Honestly, if you write about your area in your listing and then publish the listing, the sitters who’d be interested will find it. Trying to look for sitters who have an interest, AND have your dates free is a needle in a haystack activity. You can even give it a snazzy title: Skier’s Paradise!

I agree with the other comments. I encouraged a friend of mine to join THS this year but she was concerned about finding a sitter in January. She’s located in Northern B.C. but noted in bold letters in her listing that a popular ski resort was an hour away and she had no problem finding a sitter for January. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the great ideas. Brilliant!! Crossing my fingers!

Great ideas you’ve been given @ElizabethandEd. You don’t mention what pets you have. If a dog/dogs then be very clear how long they can be left at home otherwise the skiing/snowboarding and mountain bike riding may sound wonderful but sitters may not have a long enough time in the day to enjoy.

2 Likes

I was just thinking about this because I was an avid skier until my later years when health and joint issues now prevent me from skiing. But I’m drawn to sits in northern New England and Eastern Canada. I keep seeing beautiful, homey sits available for cats and other low-maintenance pets in prime ski country for this winter that have no applicants. In my avid skiing years, I would have loved these opportunities because ski tickets alone break the bank, never mind lodging! I wish we could make suggestions directly without applying, but hopefully some homeowners will read this. I suggest putting “ski area(s) nearby” in heading.