Just for fun - emojis & springtime

In the Northern Hemisphere, Sunday will be the start of spring. Being a lover of warmth and sunshine, I’m looking forward to it. Time to take off those jackets.

USING EMOJIS ONLY, show the flag of the country where you currently are (or your home country - your choice) and the two emojis that best represent spring for you.

• For emojis, click on the happy face when you post.
  • Flags are at the bottom of the emoji list.

Remember - 3 emojis only - no words. Here are mine:

:canada: :sunglasses: :tulip:

UPDATE: see next message from @mars. Text away my friends :wink:

7 Likes

:us: :seedling: :sun_behind_rain_cloud:

FYI, Discourse requires 10 characters, so I’ll post my favorite spring poem.

The Year’s At The Spring by Robert Browning

The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in his Heaven—
All’s right with the world!

7 Likes

Oh @mars thank you :blush: I’m rarely a person of few words so I don’t run into that problem here. :rofl:.

2 Likes

Love this @Snowbird :slightly_smiling_face:

:canada: :bird: :cherry_blossom: :sunny: :heartpulse: :hatching_chick: :lady_beetle: :sunflower: :ferris_wheel: :canoe:

freshly cut grass … no emoji :cry:

"Through primrose tufts, in that green bower,
The periwinkle trailed its wreaths;
And ’tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes.

The birds around me hopped and played,
Their thoughts I cannot measure:—
But the least motion which they made
It seemed a thrill of pleasure…"

Wordsworth …

8 Likes

:new_zealand: As we head into Autumn down here in the southern hemisphere, we’ll just patiently await your springtime pictures :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

:canada: :hatched_chick: :blossom:

Spring has sprung, the grass is ris,
I wonder where the boidies is
The boid is on the wing,
But that’s absoid
From what I hoid
The wing is on the boid!

3 Likes

:us: :bird: :tulip:

I’ll miss winter a bit as it’s a time for cocooning and looking inside…but spring brings to life the beauty all around me. Birds are my favorite sighting in spring.

3 Likes

:portugal::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::raised_hands::star_struck::dancer::airplane::butterfly:

3 Likes

But you know I always have more.

View from my bedroom window

3 Likes

@Snowbird I love this!

:us:: :butterfly: :bouquet:

Spring is my favorite season of the year with the newness that it brings. I love seeing nature come back to life. Trees that lose their leaves in fall/autumn and lie dormant through the winter began to grow again. Flowers start to come alive and grass begins to become green again. I love seeing the beauty of butterflies to hearing the birds sing. Feeling the warmth and seeing all that is growing in spring, reminds me to be inspired to do the same in my personal life–to renew my mind, spirit, and soul.

4 Likes

I only ever knew the first two lines, oft-recited at my house as I was growing up. Thank you for the rest!

2 Likes

:canada: :cherry_blossom: :tulip:

Spring starts in January in Vancouver (while most of the rest of the country is still bundled up and digging out). Bulb flowers start poking through the earth and green shoots show up on the tips of branches. With each day, new flowers and new colours appear. In the middle of March, daffodils have come (and gone in many places) and here and there the cherry blossoms are beginning to explode on the trees throughout the city. I can’t wait for the rhododendrons and azaleas.

Last year was our first early spring in our city in about fifteen years and all that ever-changing colour never gets old.

2 Likes

:us: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :sun_with_face: :hibiscus: :tulip: :sneezing_face:

Springtime in Indiana is lots of rain & sunshine leading to lots of flowers… and then the pollen :joy:

3 Likes

:portugal::sun_with_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::octopus::bouquet::sun_behind_small_cloud::croissant::wine_glass:
Waiting for Sardine season to start again!

2 Likes