Lack of sitters

We’re new to Trusted house sitters, we had someone sit for us last month and everything worked out very well.

We have another sit listed in 4 weeks but getting worried we’ve had no applications.

Quite a few people have favourited our details. I’ve contact two people from this and invited them but still no contact.

Should we be worried or is there a way to make my sit more appealing. What do other people do ?

Many thanks

Listing link removed from post as per the posting terms, please click on members user name to view the listing link :slight_smile:

Hi there! You might want to check out my post I recently wrote about how to make listings more appealing. Hope that helps! :smiling_face:

5 common mistakes to avoid for a successful listing

Hi @MarkandLouise

The link isn’t quite correct, that is your referral link not your listing link

Maybe @Carla or @Jenny can help you

1 Like

Thanks Nagy great advice

1 Like

Thanks Colin, I’m struggling with editing the post and adding the link.

@MarkandLouise I jumped into help (Thank you for the tag @Colin) Your listing link is now in your forum profile. If you click your user name you will see it there and others will be able to as well :slight_smile:

Thanks Carla, still getting used to the site. Can you tell me how to do it please so I know for the next time :grin:

1 Like

No worries at all I am more than happy to help @MarkandLouise :smiling_face: How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile this link has the instructions but do not hesitate to reach out if you need any more help at all.

The tips by @Nagy26 are brilliant and have been recommended, follow those to the letter. Your heading needs changing immediately. Cookie is a cutie and what a good age!
Best of luck!

1 Like

It’s permanently connected unless you remove it, so it should be there for future messages you post.

1 Like

Welcome @MarkandLouise If you add to your listing how long Cookie can be left at home alone for that is something potential sitters would like to know.

1 Like

Agree with Smiley about the heading, something like “Walk to pubs in nearby villages” would attract my attention big time – many people wanting to visit Britain/Ireland would love to stay somewhere they can live like a local and walk to the pubs, it’s practically a cliche – plus the first few words are all anyone sees in list views.

We all know you need a housesitter/petsitter, those aren’t the words you want to start with. Say something right up front that makes sitters want to stay at your place. Don’t headline something that’s true of every sit: you need a sitter. We know. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you very much :grin:

1 Like

Okay, now your listing shows up for me as Come and visit a beau… :smiley:

Only the first few words – like five, tops – appear in the app search. That real estate is incredibly valuable. Tell me, in five words or fewer, why I’d want to take your sit instead of someone else’s.

Walk. To. Pubs.

I cannot express strongly enough how many US sitters would swoon at that. :smiley: My husband would be like, “Can I come with you?” In the US, the idea of being able to walk into a picturesque English village, to the local, to the shops…it’s exactly what many sitters would consider their ideal sit. Don’t throw that advantage away.

Maybe Walk to pubs, near Cambridge? That would be huge for many, many people.

3 Likes

You write that the dog is incontinent. I would perhaps be a bit more specific, as this can be off-putting. How often does this happen, for example?

Thank you for all the comments, I’ve updated our listing 27th March 11.30pm. Would appreciate anymore feedback

Hi @MarkandLouise, Cookie is one cute pup! I, too would want to know more about Cookie’s incontinence and any other health issues or medication she may be on. With her needing toilet breaks often, that doesn’t allow for sitters to go out for very long, which may not be an issue where the sits are for only a couple of days. Because of their brevity, some sitters will look for sits that fill a gap which yours might do. In relation to your second set of dates, it may be more attractive if it covered the whole of the Bank Holiday weekend and not just the Saturday and Sunday.

I would move the information on your location from your Introduction into the Home and Location section where it really belongs. I would also remove some of the photos of the attractions of Cambridge as I don’t think they are all necessary.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

You mention being close enough to Cambridge for a day trip but also that Cookie needs to be let out often. If you add to your listing how long Cookie can be left at home alone for that is something potential sitters would like to know. Alternatively if Cookie can’t be left alone for long would sitters be able to take Cookie out for the day with them ?

Someone travelling by public transport might find it difficult to arrive on 4th May ( train strikes planned ) and leave on 6th ( bank holiday train schedule ) can you extend the dates by a day either side ?

1 Like

What a cute dog & nice looking sit. I think the only blockers now are the super short dates. It’s a lot of work for any two day sit especially amidst a BHW, can you stretch these at all as @Silversitters says? UK roads are hideous on holidays and only sitters with a car will even contemplate the effort for just two days at yours. Ditto to how long can Cookie be left needs adding @MarkandLouise and/or if happy to be joining the sitter at the pub or on the bus etc? #shamewedontsittheuk

2 Likes