Last minute sitters

Hi everyone,
I´m new in TH and very excited. We are a Spanish family of 5 living now in Ireland (after 17 years in Germany). We love pet and we have an awesome black lab named Luna (my little baby). My daughter Elle has just finished school and wants to follow her dream of becoming a singer and songwriter. This means that we have to travel very often to London, and that is one of the reasons i signed up with TH. We are responsible and caring people, we love animals and we would be really happy and grateful if anyone could help us to find pet/house sitting jobs in London ASAP.
Thanks a million for having us in this community.
Ester and Elle.

4 Likes

There are frequently sits in London. However, I imagine that most of them are just for a single person or couple. To find a sit that can accept 3+ people, you will need to check THS constantly. Since they introduced a (wildly unpopular) five-app limit rule, sits in popular locations get paused within minutes.

Where do you live in Ireland? I’m from Louth, now living in the US

1 Like

There is a filter for “family friendly” places. There are over 150 homes in London that you can apply to right now, 50 of which are suitable for families. You might have to be quick to apply if you want to stay in the center. PS: We would also mention in your application that you will be coming to London frequently. HOs love repeat sitters and often they schedule their holidays according to the availability of their trusted sitters.

2 Likes

Hi @ester
Thank you for joining our community forum. You are going to find it is filled with answers to most, if not all, of your questions and enquiries.

My name is Kelly and I am one of the forum moderators, as well as a combined owner/sitter member of TrustedHousesitters, so I have insight into both sides of the memberships. How wonderful you all are helping your daughter pursue her dream! as some other members have mentioned London is very popular sitting location however there always seem to be many sits, even family friendly sits…but yes finding sits in London that can accommodate 5 will take some work and a very skilled/persuasive application.

I am hoping this info will help you find your way around the platform and interest you to join in the conversations. It can be a little daunting and confusing at first, so we included this handy guide

How to use our Community Forum | TrustedHousesitters.com

Our members are connecting every day and the forum is a great place where you can get to know one another.

Also, you may want to link your member profile to your forum profile for additional exposure when you are using the forum. To do so just go to How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

We are always here to help, so please don’t hesitate to message us with any questions or concerns.

Also, can I just ask how you came upon the forum and decided to join? I am always curious as to what drives someone to a certain site.

Have a great day!

Kelly – Forum Team Moderator

1 Like

hi Kelly,
thanks for your response. I think i have not been very clear in my profile, because we are just two doing the sitting: my daughter and me. I am going to check again the profile and change it.
Thanks for letting me know.
As I say i am trying to find accomodation in London to help my daughter with her career. So the idea is me doing the most of the sitting job and she would be able to go to studios.
I hope we find something soon.
Thanks again for your email.
With love,
Ester.

Obtener Outlook para Android

3 Likes

I think I did not explain myself correctly. At the moment only my 18 year old daughter and me will be doing the sits. As I said on my profile, as she is starting her career in music we have to travel to London quite often, that is the reason why we are looking for houses to sit , we are really flexible with the dates. The idea is me taking care of the pets, and she working in the studio recording music. Thanks to everyone.
Best wishes,
Ester.

2 Likes