Long term Sitters, which annual subscription is best?

New to Trusted House Sitters, we are an Australian couple moving back abroad in May 2024 indefinitely, to sit throughout Europe, the UK and Ireland, wanting to know if the Premium package works best or is the standard one all that’s required especially if driving your own vehicle between house sits.
Can you also upgrade or downgrade subscriptions annually if required.? Thank you x

We joined 2+ years ago with the Basic/Standard package and have not had any issues.

Others can comment on the insurances and airport lounge passes with the Premium package.

You can upgrade anytime, but the cancellation insurance does not kick in immediately. You should read the fine print. I doubt you can downgrade until it comes time to renew annually.

I am fine on a Basic membership as a sitter. I have taken sits in Europe and I live in Sweden so there are no great risks with travel costs. In general, I tend not to get the insurance when I buy a new computer etc.

There is not extensive evidence that premium membership actually does anything worthwhile insurance wise, or truly anything at all.

It was a negligible difference in cost so I went premium.

@Sladey I think there are 20% off coupons floating around on the web…

We have premium because the lounge passes are more than the difference and we always use them. Plus there was a good offer of only $45 to upgrade. Plus the cancellation insurance is there as back up (albeit we’ve heard it’s pretty restrictive and hard to claim)

Thank you all for your advice, I did find a discount of 25% so I went ahead with the Premium subscription and looking forward to our first Sit when we return to Europe.