Maria and Emilio speak, from the south of Spain!

Hello everyone!
We are Maria and Emilio, a relatively young couple with 12 four-legged non-human children.

Nature, animal, vegan and peaceful lovers.
We would like to be able to know other places, visit new cities, and stay in other homes where we can accompany/care for the animals that live there.

At the same time, and in order to travel, we need that in those short spaces of time that correspond to our “getaways”, someone takes care of our “children” (6 dogs and 6 cats) and our beloved plants.
We live in a spacious house (160 m2) with 1,500 m2 of land, on the outskirts of the city of Cordoba, about 20 minutes by car. The surroundings are quiet and you can visit the countryside and the river. The sunsets and sunrises are not to be missed.

In our home you can accommodate a couple with all the comforts you may need.
The house consists of 3 bedrooms, although only one can be used for guests, because in the other two the animals sleep (in one the dogs; in another the cats). The living room is spacious and the kitchen contains the necessary appliances. We also have a hall to relax, read, observe the sky or simply take in the fresh air.

We are looking forward to knowing other places and doing exchange for 3 or 4 days.
A hug, community TrustedHousesittes!
Maria and Emilio

1 Like

Hello Maria and Emilio. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters community forum. I’m glad you found us.

Southern Spain is such a beautiful part of the world! In fact, my husband and I will be nearby, in Seville, for the month of January. We’re planning to rent a car for part of that time, so we can explore the region a bit. Are there any “hidden gem” places or restaurants you recommend for people who’ve never been to the area but love to explore?

Our forum team is here to help, so please don’t hesitate to send a message if you have any questions. If you want more information about joining TrustedHousesitters, we can help with that too.

One thing many members do is, after they set up their homeowner listing on the main TrustedHousesitters website, they include the link to that listing in their forum profiles. Then they create a topic and ask the other members of the forum to look at their listing and suggest ways to make it sparkle even more. Many of our members are happy to help new folks get started, and this is a great way to really make your listing shine.

Happy travels! I’m looking forward to seeing pictures of your four-legged friends and hearing about your travel adventures.

2 Likes

Hola María y Emilio
Welcome to the Forum and to THS. Wow! You really do have a lot of pets!
With so many animals I recommend that you post your dates as early as possible. Do all the dogs have to be walked or do they get their exercise running on the land you have? You may not get as many applicants as home with fewer pets but it will no doubt attract some people. How long can the dogs be left for and can they be left outside? Sitters like to be able to explore areas they’re sitting in so if they can be left for a few hours that will be more attractive. You’ll need to post pictures of every animal and mention if there are any medical conditions.
This isn’t a house swapping website, although if you’re lucky it might work but could be difficult….
Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your responses! @Karen-Moderator and @Smiley

I’m really getting to know the web now and learning from you.

I would like to include photos of all our animals, although I don’t know how to do it yet.

Our puppies do not need walks, on our land they walk alone. It is important to leave them inside the house, in their room, when people want to leave the home, to prevent them from escaping, for example.

The kittens also live most of the time in their room, as they also have an exit to the outside, to a “catio” built for them.

Yes, some of our puppies require daily medication, and that would be essential for them, but they do not need walks, they walk alone :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for everything!

1 Like

Hola @MaríaYEmilio,
Welcome. Love Spain. My dad lived in Spain (Javea) for nearly 15 years. They adopted 6 cats while living there and recently returned to the UK with 7 cats.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy sitting new fur babies. I don’t think you’ll have much issue finding a sitter for your fur babies. There’s lots of great animal loving sitters on this site.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @richten1 ! I am glad to know that your father adopted Spanish kittens, a man with a big heart without a doubt.
Thank you very much again, we are delighted to participate in this community!

2 Likes