Hola from Spain 😎

Really lovely to meet you all - such a variety of interesting and likeminded people here by the looks of things.
I am Em of Emily and Kerry - my husband and best friend of nearly 40 years. We are retired and before the dreaded virus were spending some time here in Spain and a lot of time traveling. We are both cat lovers and have got 5 fabulous cat sits under our belt, 4 in the UK and one here in Spain, all the time aiming to do a long one in New Zealand, (or maybe a series of short ones) where my daughter lives. That’s been put on hold for the moment :cry: of course.
I am Irish and Kerry is English (in spite of his name) and we have family in southern England where we lived until about 8 years ago. Being able to house/cat sit there allows us to see and spend time with them without overstaying our welcome in their houses!
Let’s hope that the virus comes under control next year and we can all get back to moving about a lot more. In the meantime I’m sure we’ll have some great conversations.
Saludos,
Em :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Welcome @EmandK wonderful to have you join, there are a small group of members already on the Forum who helped test the platform and contributed excellent content to the conversation, we look forward to helping you make many great connections … enjoy and welcome.
Saludos

¡Bienvenidos a los dos! @EmandK. We are a retired expat couple too, in Italy in our case. We hope to make a happy future with pet sitting, just as you are doing it seems. The UK sits are great for those of us who don’t want to overstay our welcome aren’t they? Although this awful year it meant we had to because of cancellations. As you say, let’s hope for better next year.
Welcome once again, Andy & Laura

2 Likes

Hey @EmandK welcome to the forum. We’re Jon and Jo, couple of mid 50s nomadic travellers and sitters. Currently housesitting in Milton Keynes but like everyone else struggling to get many other UK sits organised.

2 Likes

Welcome @EmandK! We’re Shannon and Sergio, both from the US and nomadic full-time house sitters. Spain is such a beautiful country and a place we’ve considered making home someday. :heartpulse:

Great to meet you!

2 Likes

Hi there! Hope you are enjoying MK. We lived there for many years in its early days and loved it. Good luck with your next sit.

2 Likes

Hi Emily and Kerry!
It’s a fabulous lifestyle isn’t it? I was in NZ’s North island from July last year until January this year and did 8 housesits around the island with a variety of cats, dogs and even alpacas! Nearly all of the owners left me a car to use also, which appears to be the norm there. In between housesits I hired cars and did some road trips. Then I flew to Melbourne, went to the Oz Open, more than 3 weeks road trip in Tasmania, Great Ocean Road tour and nearly 3 weeks in Adelaide where they had their literary and fringe festivals on (second only to the Edinburgh festivals). I was about to embark on my first sit in Oz (in Brisbane) which got cancelled owing to the pandemic and decided it was prudent to return to the UK. I had 6 months planned for the South Island in NZ. That’s still in the pipeline but is looking like some time off. I do hope you’ll be able to get out to NZ to see your daughter as soon as possible. So sad for you!

3 Likes

We’re in Broughton on the outskirts which is a lovely little village-type place. Lots of great walks for the dog and a lovely house. Unfortunately the lockdown is causing our sits to start cancelling so we could be stuck after next Sunday.

Sounds like an epic trip. We’ve visited a few times and although we liked Australia we fell in love with New Zealand. Absolutely stunning place.

3 Likes

We loved our housesitting experiences in Spain during 2018. Such a wonderful place to explore and some fantastic locations off the beaten track that we house and pet sat.
And coming home to NZ and continuing the adventure, so sad your plans got disrupted - maybe one day… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I should be in the South Island now…:cry:

1 Like

As mentioned @Provence you misread what I wrote (see reply on other topic)

2 Likes