Meetup Gallery - Share your meetup pix!

It’s amazing @Vanessa_A we are indeed no longer strangers and I have already been invited back.
I love my life, I love THiS life!

9 Likes

It’s truly a win-win situation…so much to love about THiS life :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

Edith and I meet for breakfast the other day here in Lisbon. It was so nice to meet someone else that loves travel and pets as much as I do. Thanks THS for this opportunity.

18 Likes

Lovely photo!

2 Likes

Lovely pic

1 Like

@LynKinn Thank you for sharing it’s so good to see our member’s faces … and happy smiling ones too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Such a lovely dinner with members in San Diego, CA tonight …

With a huge thanks to Bill & Mary, the adorable Barclay’s Mom & Dad who hosted @Maryse, Jeff & myself to dinner at the Club on Crosby Estates in Rancho Santa Fe then home for home baked cookies and a night cap …

Barclay and I have had many great sits together, with another one coming up in April, Maryse & Jeff will be Mr B’s new best friends in July … he is the pawfect canine host and such a GOOD BOY!!

18 Likes

Barclay is indeed a cute boy! I’ve looked after a number of Barclay lookalikes and they’ve all been gorgeous and just love human company.
Great photo of you all enjoying yourselves at the meet-up.

1 Like

Continuing the trend of forum staff escaping for meetups :rofl: I got the chance (after several false starts on my part) to meet with @Debbie yesterday, in North Cerney, just outside Cirencester in the Cotswolds.

Debbie picked a fab pub garden complete with Runner Ducks, a river and a 12th Century Church for our brief encounter. For any families house sitting with kids, Debbie is the person to ask as she’s had great experiences keeping pets as part of her children’s life experiences, while house sitting in school hols in the UK! She also got me hooked on the idea of Geo-caching, something I keep meaning to try to add more interest to walks and hikes while house sitting and dog walking!! She sent me home with a geo-cache to find just metres from where we are staying :slight_smile:

Thanks Debbie… had a lovely time in the sun and here’s to many more meetups ahead for you in the UK this summer!

North Cerney Church

12 Likes

Fabulous. :heart: this!

2 Likes

Lovely pics. Hoping to meet up with Debbie too in May

4 Likes

Thanks @Vanessa it was lovely to meet you and chat about all things housesitting.

It was a complete fluke that I managed to choose a pub with pets in the garden, as I’d never been there before.

I’m looking forward to meeting up with more members in the coming months as @Smiley will be very close to Cheltenham and @Kelownagurl will be sitting in the Cotswolds. Kelownagurl might want to chat to you about mobile phone reception near Cirencester as I know you struggled to get a signal.

I hope you got the van safely back along those narrow lanes. I made it back to Cheltenham in time to see the end of my son’s football tournament and one of the goals he scored!

4 Likes

I’ve been in the States since mid Feb and the plan was to connect with members, partners, be out & about in the community and much more besides unfortunately things took a turn for the worse when I had a nasty fall the first week I was here which confined me to “barracks”

I’m very happy to say that I’m improving and getting steadily more mobile but my biggest thanks goes to our amazing members who have come to see me at @Maryse where I’m staying, even running me to the store, just as Kirsten did. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Kirstin & I had a great lunch on the patio overlooking this fab view, talked all things TrustedHousesitters and thanks to Kirsten have a pic to share … Karen S & Karen E, Annie, Jenny & Sarah, we forgot the all important pics., next time. :sunflower: :grinning: :us:

16 Likes

Beautiful in every sense. People taking care of people. Glad you are on the mend. Gorgeous faces.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you had a fall Angela. Hope you’re 100% soon. Nice pic

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: SIM card at Gatwick Airport

Can’t wait to see how many more meetups you achieve over the year… I suspect it will be many judging by the opportunities coming up!! Glad you made it back in time for your son’s goal!! I did make it safely back in the van (at a very slow speed) and was given a further “lesson” by Ian on managing the clunky gears yesterday :roll_eyes:, but I’ll be an expert after leaving this sit and driving 3 hours south tonight!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

I’m certainly making the most of my last few days back in the UK catching up with house sitting friends! Yesterday we had lunch with @Terrific_Sitters, Simon & Kate who we’ve known for several years. They house sit internationally but are based out of Marlborough, UK. Passionate about spreading the word and chatting all about house sitting, time simply flies when we are together!

They are THS sitters but have just joined the forum so hopefully some of you might get a chance to connect with them and meet! Be prepared to laugh loads!

13 Likes

How lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I finally met up with @Vanessa_A yesterday in a cafe in Brighton, before the start of the THS conference she was attending. We had a great laugh and lots to talk about. Will look forward to meeting up again and hopefully Ian too.

16 Likes